SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER/PRODUCT MANAGER – FIXED INCOME
Federated is seeking a Sr. Product Manager to support fixed income products and strategies. Responsibilities include developing and executing strategies and tactics that drive profitable asset growth in mutual funds and other investment vehicles. Strong industry and product expertise, along with excellent analytical, communication, and leadership skills will be the foundation for your success. Cross functional partnerships on projects critical to all stages of the products’ lifecycle will provide the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to the Company’s long-term strategic growth.
- Bachelor degree required; MBA preferred
- Minimum three to five years product development/management or marketing experience in the financial industry with demonstrated proficiency in product development, product management, product communications, market development and interpreting and applying market and analytical research required
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and tactics required
- Extensive knowledge of mutual funds required, including familiarity with ‘40 Act regulations required
- Knowledge of fixed income products and markets preferred
- Knowledge of non-mutual fund investments including separate accounts and SMAs and alternative investments preferred
**The experience level of the candidate will determine level of position as Sr. Product Manager or a Product Manager.**
- Lead the development and execution of comprehensive product line strategies to achieve profitable asset growth for fixed income products and strategies; act as a champion for assigned products
- Proactively identify product sales and marketing opportunities based on industry trends, the investment environment and competitive advantages
- Collaborate with Sales, Investment Management, Marketing and clients to define, develop and implement specific strategic and tactical product initiatives; lead/contribute to multi-functional teams to achieve specified objectives
- Define product positioning and key elements of differentiation; support sales and marketing initiatives via contributions to RFPs/RFIs, presentations, marketing collateral, wholesaler training and education, etc.
- Lead assessments of new business/product opportunities, soliciting contributions from Market Research, Investment Management, Sales Management, Decision Support, etc.
- Develop Executive Staff proposals for new products as well as for enhancements, extension and rationalization of existing products
- Participate in M&A opportunity evaluation and deal implementation
- Achieve and maintain expertise in relevant product and market/channel characteristics, including a thorough understanding of client needs and the impact of marketplace dynamics and competitor activities
- 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (additional hours as required)
- Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Strong problem solving, decision making, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent team building and leadership skills