Sales Specialist, ED
MSCI is an independent provider of research-driven insights and tools for institutional investors. We have deep expertise in the areas of risk and performance measurement that is based on more than 40 years of academic research, real-world experience and collaboration with our clients.
This position is based at Mexico City. In this role you will be a player/coach managing an index focused team responsible for sales, support and client relationships in the LATAM region. You will hire, develop and retain high quality talent and ensure each employee’s performance and potential are maximized throughout the year. Officer-level sales managers are responsible for driving the overall team to meet financial and other goals and act as a Business Strategist on behalf of the firm.
Index Sales Specialists are responsible for maintaining existing client relationships as well as new business development for MSCI products. Each person travels within their respective sales territory to meet with clients regarding new products as well as enhancements to existing products. The role entails educating, positioning and licensing MSCI’s global equity index data to current clients as well as prospective clientele. Sales Specialists use their knowledge of the investment management process, modern portfolio theory, and data distribution platforms (Bloomberg, Factset, Thompson, etc.) to identify solutions using MSCI tools. This role is a highly visible one, with involvement in all aspects of account management, including senior level relationship management, in-depth discussions regarding MSCI’s index methodology, commercial terms and contract negotiation, closing sales, and product setup and delivery. Education of the enhancements and evolution of how our indexes are used by the investment community is ongoing. In this role, individuals will work closely with Product Management, Global Client Service, Client Consultants, Marketing, Global Sales Colleagues, Legal Counsel and Finance Operations.
• High level management contact
• Strategic planning with an account
• New product placement
• Identification of opportunities across other business segments
• Answer detailed client inquiries about MSCI products and methodologies
• Achieve targeted revenue goals
• Inform all clients about MSCI products, announcements, projects, etc.
• Work with other departments to ensure that all client requests and inquiries are managed appropriately
• Maintain accurate records regarding account visits, client conversations, finalized contracts, etc.
• Proactively solicit client feedback regarding new initiatives and future product development
• Provide feedback from clients to Product Management, Marketing, Sales Colleagues and Research
• Fluent in English and Spanish; Portuguese preferred but not required
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Understanding of/experience dealing with major financial institutions including Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Broker Dealers, Pension Plans, and/or Consultants
• Strong understanding of the global equity and fixed income markets
• A self-starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a team
• Thorough understanding of the investment management process
• Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges
• 12+ years of experience in the financial service industry
• 7+ years direct sales experience with a proven record of accomplishment
• 3+ years of direct management of a sales team (a must)
• Superior communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple detail-oriented projects
• Strong sales closing skills
• MBA, Master’s Degree and/or CFA charter holder required, or equivalent experience.
• Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis
More searches like this
- Institutional Sales Consulting Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Multimanager Strategies Consulting Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Operations Consulting Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Performance Analysis Consulting Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Wholesale Sales Consulting Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters