Angeles is a multi-asset investment firm, founded to provide sophisticated, customized, global investment solutions to both institutional and private wealth clients. Employee-owned since its founding in 2001, Angeles oversees approximately $9.2 billion in outsourced chief investment officer (OCIO) relationships that blend elements of full and partial discretion, as well as $22 billion in non-discretionary relationships. Angeles’ expertise includes investment research, asset allocation, investment policy development, portfolio structure, manager research & selection, and risk management. More information is available on our website at www.angelesinvestments.com.
Angeles seeks a person to work side-by-side with the firm’s senior investment professionals in conducting the firm’s investment research and in serving all aspects of client relationships. The primary responsibility of the Investment Associate is to provide support to our Investment Officers on all aspects of servicing client relationships.
- Client Support: Work closely with the firm’s Investment Officers on all aspects of client relationships, including review of performance reporting, preparation of investment strategy recommendations and educational presentations, as well as special projects.
- Client Meetings: Prepare Investment Officers for client meetings, participate in client meetings in conjunction with an Investment Officer, and provide meeting follow-up support.
- Asset Allocation: Prepare asset allocation studies and investment portfolio structure analysis for clients. Lead annual and bi-annual review of Angeles’ long-term capital market assumptions. Work with Investment Officers at the firm to provide customized asset allocation analysis for clients and assist in drafting investment policy statements.
- Manager Research: Research investment managers for inclusion on Angeles’ “Approved List” and in client portfolios. Coverage includes traditional and alternative managers (i.e. hedge funds, private equity).
- ESG-related Support: Work with our team to improve our qualitative assessments of managers and products’ environmental, social and governance (ESG) integration into investment processes and managers’ diversity and inclusion practices. Assist manager research team members in sourcing ESG and impact funds.
- Business Development: Support client service and business development efforts as needed, including assisting with preparation of finals presentations and RFPs, as well as participating in new business meetings.
Three years plus work experience in a finance- or investment-related capacity. MBA, CFA (or progress towards), and/or CPA preferred. Strong verbal, writing, and quantitative analysis skills are required, as well as facility with Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Candidates must be detailed-oriented, able to take initiative, and capable of prioritizing and handling multiple assignments simultaneously. The position is based in Santa Monica, CA.
Salary based on experience. Health and profit-sharing benefits, CFA expense reimbursement, and discretionary annual bonus included.
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements stated herein and your experience in carrying out the responsibilities listed above to email@example.com.