Associate Director / Associate, Syndicate Financing Group, Wholesale Financing
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR / ASSOCIATE, SYNDICATED FINANCING GROUP, WHOLESALE FINANCING
WHY JOIN BDC?
No other bank is doing what we do.
At BDC, we’re devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs. We’re also dedicated to our employees. Adaptable. Inspiring. Different. There’s a reason we like to work here and we think you’ll like it too.
As a key member of BDC’s syndications team, you are responsible for assisting in structuring, assessing, negotiating and executing complex syndicated corporate finance transactions. You are also responsible for managing a portfolio of diversified accounts including E&P (exploration & production) lending, cash flow lending, asset-based lending, and oil-field service financing. You will use your talent to develop a network of influencers and professionals to identify new business opportunities. If your discipline and desire to learn are matched only by your professionalism and will to succeed, come build a career at BDC.
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
- Play a key role in underwriting a new transaction while ensuring the risk is within BDC guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Participate in discussions with Credit Risk Management to obtain an approval.
- Process amendments to the credit structure for accounts within the portfolio.
- Review the interim reporting and compliance certificates to monitor a Borrower’s financial performance and to ensure the covenants are in compliance.
- Play a key role in resolving questions regarding compliance or major changes resulting from transactions in negotiations.
- Stay abreast of issues impacting the corporate finance industry, particularly market conditions, industry practices and financial results of existing and potential clients.
- Proactively establish and maintain a key network of influencers, including representatives from chartered banks and professionals in relevant sectors.
- Develop and implement a client retention and relationship growth strategy for your portfolio. Proactively build a key influencer network of chartered bank representatives, lawyers, and others to help BDC achieve its Corporate Financing objectives and foster deal sharing opportunities.
- Maintain relationships with business centre personnel, colleagues and internal partners to foster good teamwork and the pursuit of common objectives.
- Keep abreast of general issues affecting the Corporate Financing business community, including market conditions, industry practices and financial results for existing and potential clients.
- Keep abreast of changes to policies, procedures and detail processes and trends in credit and regulatory issues that may have an impact on BDC and specialized credit clients.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Strong Canadian GAAP and IFRS knowledge
- Analytical business sense and strategic thinking
- Strong mediation and communication skills to relay messages across departments and ability to manage interaction with executives and employees
- Ability to identify business opportunities for entrepreneurs who will benefit from the unique range of BDC services (financing and consulting)
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Highly organized and proactive
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Bilingualism an asset
If you can answer YES to the following questions, you could be the person we are looking for!
- Do you have a bachelor's degree in finance, economics or business administration?
- Do you have 3 to 5 years’ experience in commercial or corporate banking?
- Are your analytical and organizational skills as sharp as your strategic thinking?
- Do your clients and business contacts remember you because your advice works and
- you provide outstanding customer service?
- Are you a team player who creates effective and lasting relationships with your peers, business contacts and external partners?
If you are keen to join a high-performance team and value ethics and client connection, apply today!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At BDC, we value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.