Institutional Equity Research Associate - CPG Retail
AltaCorp Capital Inc. provides institutional services including Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions, Equity Financings, Debt Capital Markets, Acquisitions & Divestitures, Equity Research and Sales & Trading.
With the expansion of our Equity Research group in Toronto, we are looking to add Research Associates to support a number of activities of our Research group and our team of Research Analysts.
- Input and manipulate data in company financial models and able to create exhibits suitable for publishing and analysis.
- Maintenance of industry databases and company-specific spreadsheets.
- Assist in generating research publications including writing, editing and final report preparation.
- Conduct primary research from industry and financial sources.
- Prepare and maintain marketing presentations as required.
- Liaise with sales, trading and other areas of the firm within regulatory guidelines.
- Strong accounting, financial modeling, technical and writing skills.
- Industry experience in retail, consumer packaged goods, agriculture or diversified industries.
- Experience working with market data sets and add-ins including Bloomberg, Thomson, FactSet and Capital IQ.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines, sometimes for extended periods.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several on-going projects at the same time with a client oriented focus.
- Self-motivated, hardworking and detail-oriented.
Education & Professional Accreditation:
- An undergraduate degree in business with a focus on accounting and/or finance.
- An MBA, CPA or enrolment in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program is a definite asset.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit an email with resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected will be contacted.