Reference # HL-13268
Our client, Owens MacFadyen Group (OMG), is a boutique wealth management and benefits consulting firm specializing in the high net worth market. Since 1995 they have been providing a unique team-based approach to comprehensive wealth management and benefits consulting that allows their clients to have significantly better outcomes.
They are well-respected by their clients and within the industry. Business leaders have recognized OMG as a key partner in their success. Now, with over 80 employees, they have continued to grow successfully with locations in Halifax, Moncton, Saint John and Toronto. On behalf of OMG we are looking for a Research Analyst to join their team. We are looking for an analytical and curious individual who is passionate about understanding and solving complex problems. Reporting to the CIO, the Research Analyst will work closely with the firm’s investment team that oversees all aspects of the investment process, including: investment manager selection, monitoring, and reporting; asset allocation research; and portfolio construction and management.
As the Research Analyst, your primary responsibilities will be to assist the team implementing the investment process and to conduct research projects to continuously enhance the overall investment process used by the firm. Specifically, the Research Analyst will be responsible for:
- Assisting with internal research projects (literature reviews; compiling and analyzing data; and report writing)
- Preparing and updating internal reports
- Conducting investment manager due diligence
- Client / money manager performance reporting
- Conducting ad hoc projects that require competency in math and statistics, as well as computer programming experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in economics, finance, statistics, mathematics, engineering, or other STEM-related disciplines
- Experience in Python, Matlab, R, or other programming languages, as well as experience with database management
- Experience conducting analytical and quantitative research
- Enrollment or consideration to enroll in the CFA program would be considered an asset
- Understanding of economic and investment theory and practices would be considered an asset
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office is required
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking:
For more information contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com.