AML (Anti Money Laundering) Compliance Officer
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
CIB Compliance is recruiting AML Compliance Officers to staff the new Anti-Money Laundering Hub in Lisbon to deliver transaction monitoring services for CIB transactions undertaken by CIB cross its European operations. The team will thus be dealing with areas including anti-money laundering, fraud, bribery, terrorist financing and high risk clients.
Role And Responsibilities
- Partnering with Anti Money Laundering (AML) Monitoring Teams within Compliance teams across Europe to understand the process for payments and related monitoring requirements in each jurisdiction
- C onduct due diligence investigations for AML Monitoring Teams of suspicious payments, closing false alerts and escalating to onshore teams suspicious payments for further investigation
- Reviewing and assessing alerts for money laundering risk through BNPP’s transaction monitoring system (Actimize-AML CIB) and liaising with business areas as necessary to investigate the alerts
- Escalating suspicious alerts for further review and investigation
- Contribute to suggestions to enhance systems, methodologies and process simplification
- Ensuring management is made aware of all pressing issues in a timely fashion
- Operating to the very highest levels of integrity at all times
- Maintaining an appropriate audit trail and documentation in all instances, to evidence/support the review and resolution of each payment alert
- Strong degree-level academic qualifications
- Demonstrable understanding of regulation and the financial markets
- Fluent in English (both oral and written communication)
- Good knowledge of products/services offered by a bank to CIB clients
- Evidence of drive, curiosity, good judgment and good attention to detail
- Excellent team spirit and ability to work with remote teams across multiple locations
- Rigorous, well-organized with a structured and logical approach
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.