Credit Risk Controller
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Identify and follow up of transactions done by the business beyond approved risk limits. This includes the analysis of the reason of the excess (passive excesses, technical excesses, transaction done in excess of approved limits, etc) and follow up investigations
- Interact regularly with Front/Middle/Back Office and RISK I2S Credit Analysts/ RISK Corporate to ensure that appropriate actions/decisions are taken on excesses in a timely manner
- Ensure that all excesses are adequately closed in the Excess Management Tool (NEM) to enable adequate monitoring/recording of excesses
- Provide to CRC Hub coordinator the TMV to be issued, including investigations, checks and Delegation Holder recommendation
- Interact with CRC Hub coordinator in the framework of the excesses’ review (providing further details/investigations, updating closure status if required)
- Validate that trading lines are activated in accordance with Credit Committee decisions related to ISDAs and other agreements governing capital markets activity
- Monitor, follow-up and report on exceptions to approved credit limits on a regular basis (Validity dates, Trader/Marketer Violation Report)
- Identify on a regular basis the list of counterparts in excess of their credit limits (All Outstanding Excess Report) and liaise with the various stakeholders to ensure that appropriate actions are taken to solve those excesses
- Risk Monitoring and Reporting
- Provide (at local, regional, global level) credit risk exposure information on counterparts and product lines under CRC responsibility to the Business, RISK teams and Audit /Inspection, with additional analysis where necessary
- Monitor and ensure risk reporting of all specific activities as they appear in the CRC Operational procedure, such as Hedge Funds risks, Claim Paying Abilities, Contingencies or Prime Brokerage
- Follow up with the various stakeholders on the exceptions identified in those reporting
- Adapt the monitoring to fit the needs of RISK I2S-CRC's clients (RISK I2S streams or Credit Officers, RISK GM, etc)
- Enhanced existing Reporting tools
- Develop automated reporting tools based on software (Alteryx/Tableau) or programing language (SQL, Python)
- Develop and implement reports thanks to Digital solutions: robotics, natural language processing…
- Integrate Artificial Intelligence/Digital Solution for the analysis of excesses
- Other Key Responsibilities
- Interact with CRC Hub coordinator to detect and highlight issues on the Credit Risk Tools
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Banking, Finance, Economics, Risk Management, Financial Markets, other relevant areas.
- Experience: 2+ years in Banking, Consultancy (finance) or Risk MaNagement
- Languages: English (fluent), second language (professional efficiency)
- Analytical skills
- Adaptability and proactivity, multitasking
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Advanced knowledge of programming/scripting (SQL, Python, Altreyx, Tableau…)
- Advanced knowledge of Digital solutions
- Knowledge/understanding of banking and financial markets
- Rigorous and reliable
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.