Risk Lisbon Business Manager
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The RISK Function aims at being a partner of the businesses by contributing to their sustainable development, but also a gatekeeper to ensure risks taken remain compatible with the Group’s Risk Appetite and its strategy.
RISK teams engage in an upstream dialogue with the business to understand their strategy, objectives, deal and then RISK expresses its opinions and recommendations. As part of its Transformation journey RISK decided to group some activities in Lisbon with high ambitions.
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
We are looking for an experienced professional to act as Business Manager for the RISK Lisbon Hub Management, supporting them on existing and upcoming challenges to build and shape the platform of the future. This person will report hierarchically to the COO of RISK Lisbon Hub and will work closely with the Head of RISK Lisbon Hub.
As a Business Manager , your mission will consist in:
- Helping the Management in turning into success its transformation journey by contributing to a smooth growth (improving the on-boarding process and local set-up) ;
- Working closely with Project teams and local Support functions of the Hub such as IT, Finance, Facility Management, Communication, BCP, etc.;
- Identifying opportunities across the teams for further mutualisation in the processes operated by the Hub;
- Participating to the definition of the platform of tomorrow by working on organisational and strategical initiatives;
- Implementing and performing monthly activity report (Performance management) and contributing to any other reports required by the Management on an ad hoc basis;
- Helping the Head of the platform to monitor the activity by making sure that the Service Level Agreements are respected and Key Performance Indicators linked to the activities hosted in the Hub are regularly produced;
- Developing the branding/image of the platform and contributing to the preparation of corporate events;
- Producing and maintaining up to date regular presentations about the Hub and other transversal ad-hoc topics.
- Structuring and developing special reports, templates and elaborating procedures/workflows when missing;
- Participating in the invoicing / budget exercises along the year and monitoring the expenses of the hub;
- We are looking for a motivated and experienced candidate willing to embrace our fast growing and very challenging environment;
- Master degree in Business Management from a Top Tier international Business School or equivalent university;
- 5+ years of experience in the banking industry / advisory;
- Perfect fluency in English;
- International and multi-cultural oriented profile;
- An entrepreneurial attitude and a willingness to improve process;
- Strong communication skills (oral & written);
- Committed to confidentiality, integrity and objectivity;
- Accuracy, attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently with business partners on new projects;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Clearly exhibited analytical, logical and decision making capabilities;
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint command.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.