Chief Investment Officer
The Chief Investment Officer is responsible for the Client Investment Portfolios. The Chief Investment Officer (CIO) oversees a team of professionals that have responsibilities such as managing and monitoring investment activity, managing pensions, working with external analysts maintaining good investor relations. They will also develop short-term and long-term investment policies.
- Leads the Investment Management Group and participates in various senior level committees.
- Oversees all investment manager due diligence criteria and asset allocation policies.
- Sources and vets specific private market investments.
- Manages all investment related projects and initiatives.
- Participates in client/prospect meetings.
- Active in investment areas including research and publishing original written material.
- Develops investment strategies based on company’s philosophy and client objectives
- Performs investment research and stays current on development in security markets
- Participates in the strategic planning and decision making for department
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree highly preferred.
- CFA required.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of direct experience in the industry or related industries required
- Minimum of five (5) years experience managing a team
- Prior experience as CIO is highly desired.
- Extensive knowledge of investment strategies, investment solutions, private markets, and the wealth management industry required
- Demonstrated ability for Business Development
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and presentation abilities
- Ability to travel up to 25%
With over 175 years of experience, United Bank is one of the region’s premier banks with locations in West Virginia, Virginia, Washington, DC, Maryland, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. A subsidiary of United Bankshares, Inc., with dual headquarters in Washington, DC and Charleston, WV, we are a full service financial institution with over $19 billion in assets.
At United Bank, our people are our greatest asset. Our company is a perfect fit for hard-working, driven individuals as we provide a culture that is entrepreneurial, efficient, relationship-based and service-oriented. United is proud of our record of growth and our commitment to service - not only to our customers, but also to the communities in which we live and work.
United encourages our employees to become involved in the community and in professional activities, and we provide continued training and other support to help all employees achieve their full potential.