Equity Research Analyst - Technology Sector
The role requires strong English communication skills, and a keenness in undertaking research, developing and supporting an opinion and sharing this with clients. The candidate must be passionate about uncovering attractive equity investments and be willing to travel.
- Produce value-added research that encompasses both the determination of a fair value estimate and a thorough examination of the company's competitive position.
- Build valuation models on coverage companies primarily utilizing the discounted cash flow based valuation model.
- Help the clients make better informed investment decisions. Publish and share impactful, value-added research that demonstrates well-thought out opinions and action-oriented recommendations backed up by fact and data.
- Be able to communicate well in English and Chinese with strong English writing skills.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree while a CFA designation is considered favorably. The candidate should be able to think critically, independently and with attention to detail and the facts.
- Experience (1) in the semiconductor industry as an engineer or in a financial context; or (2) coverage of the technology, and/or industrials components companies as an analyst. The candidate should have at least 3 years relevant work experience in the afore mentioned capacity.
- Work well within a team and be capable of respectfully accepting and providing constructive feedback.
- Make timely decisions under demanding deadlines, sometimes with incomplete information.
- Have an interest in developing financial modeling skills together with knowledge of business valuation techniques.