Treasury Analyst - Middle Office
Treasury Analyst – Middle Office
1 Full-time Position
Alberta Central is the central banking facility, service bureau and trade association for Alberta’s credit unions. We are owned by 17 credit unions that together have more than $25 billion in system assets and serve more than 628,000 members at 190 branches across Alberta.
At Alberta Central, our purpose is to champion change in the credit union system and bring value and expertise to credit unions. Through our commitment to service, and with the efforts of our dedicated employees, we are helping credit unions meet the expectations of their members. We continue to work side by side with credit unions with a single goal in mind: to help our system grow, prosper and achieve financial success.
Reporting directly to the Chief Investment Officer, this position provides support to the treasury department by monitoring investment portfolio positions, confirming investment and derivative trades, assuring timely settlement of investments, preparing liquidity related reporting, undertaking fixed income issuer reviews, and reviewing treasury related models and processes.
- Monitor and confirm compliance to the Investment Policy of Alberta Central in all investment activities undertaken.
- Monitor positions, confirm foreign exchange trades and assure timely settlement of investments.
- Calculate and monitor system liquidity levels.
- Enhance, maintain and administer a comprehensive program for the documented analysis of fixed income investments.
- Support the development and administration of reporting as required.
- Manage documentation, calculate mark to market, and assure timely payments necessary for all derivative structures.
- Prepare and present to management various reports confirming compliance.
- Provide back up to the portfolio management process as required.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior team members.
- Support risk management and effective governance by maintaining compliance with policies, procedures and controls both corporately and within area of responsibility, ensuring they are operating effectively and escalating discrepancies to management.
- Related University, college, formal certification and 2 years related experience; or a combination of formal education and experience.
- Possession of, or interest in working towards, CFA designation,
- Team-oriented, having experience collaborating with multiple levels and sectors of the organization.
- Must be bondable.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT OUR ORGANIZATION
- 2019 Alberta’s Top 75 Employer
- Competitive compensation.
- Open concept environment.
- Friendly team atmosphere.
- Parking subsidy, free banking services, free access to an in-house fitness facility.
- Excellent access to transit services (bus and Heritage C-Train station).
- Casual dress environment.