Investor Relations Specialist
To be part of the Investor Relations team at Galp is to be constantly informed about the Company’s strategy and operational drivers, the sector’s dynamics and the latest developments in the capital markets, continuously challenged by those who assess what we do, and why we do it. We promote an active interaction with Galp's business units and corporate divisions, seeking to ensure that the team has a detailed and thorough understanding of the Company’s activities. The team acts as an intermediary between the Organisation and the capital markets. In our relationship with shareholders, institutional investors, financial analysts and the market as a whole, we provide accurate, consistent and timely information about Galp. Using best principles and practices, we work daily to facilitate the investors’ decision-making process, maintaining the market informed of any short-term drivers or long-term strategy developments that may influence the share price of the Company.
Working under the guidance of the Investor Relations Officer, you will be an integral part of our Investor Relations team, and expected to support the planning, development, and implementation of a variety of activities that will ensure an effective communication of the Company’s strategy and its operations.
Amongst others we expect you to:
- Act as focal point on the relationship management between the IR team and its key stakeholders (internal and external) ensuring a high quality level of interaction and alignment with the Company’s strategic communication principles;
- Develop a detailed and thorough understanding of our businesses and markets we operate, and support a knowledgeable interaction with the Company’s investors and relevant stakeholders;
- Perform financial analysis related with our businesses/projects and identify the key metrics that should be used on its assessment;
- Closely monitor the capital markets and provide timely and accurate internal feedback on its behavior and relevant developments;
- Develop a close relationship with analysts, a thorough understanding of the financial modeling techniques used to project a company's operating and financial performance, and support a correct interpretation of all provided strategic, operational and financial indicators;
- Structure and ensure up-to-date communication deemed relevant about the Company, its strategic development and results, in the various channels that may be used by market players (relevant announcements, general information to be displayed on the website, presentations to investors, etc.);
- Support the preparation of the IR external activities plan (eg. Investor/analysts days, roadshows, conferences, conference calls, etc.), actively participating in its implementation and developing all key contents (presentations materials, scripts, Q&A, etc);
- Maintain an updated view on the evolution of the Company’s shareholder base, and develop the market intelligence to support our investor targeting plan;
- Support the Company's senior management in all activities and requirements related to the Investor Relations activity;
- Support communications with regulators and other market players with whom Galp relates (CMVM, Euronext Lisbon, UKLA, etc.).
What we are looking for:
- Junior to Senior profiles;
- Proven background in investor relations, financial analysis/corporate finance and/or capital markets - able to understand financial modelling and reporting is a must;
- Master in Economics, Finance, Management and/or Engineering as preferred academic background;
- Experience in projects that combine operational understanding and its economic-financial impact;
- Experience in capital markets, planning and control and/or M&A;
- Excellent accurate analytical and data interpretation capabilities combined with constructive critical sense;
- Proven ability to handle a high-paced work environment, prioritize a heavy workload, manage multiple assignments and committed with high quality fast-delivery;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Good interpersonal relationship capabilities, ability to engage confidently and effectively resolve client concerns;
- Motivated entrepreneurial spirit combined with proven team-driven performance;
- Availability for short-duration international travels;
- Fluent in English (C1/C2).
Deadline for application:
August 18th, 2019