- Perform complete credit analysis on Investment Grade and High Yield issuers. Analyze financial statements, earnings reports and other issuer and sector research to create comprehensive investment thesis.
- Ongoing written and verbal communication of ideas - new issues, existing positions, sector developments - to portfolio managers as a member of a dynamic results driven team. Meet regularly with team to review fundamental and relative value developments in names and sectors.
- Recommend issuers and bonds within assigned sectors. Conduct ongoing surveillance of names under coverage to determine whether they continue to meet investment objectives.
- Incorporate ESG analysis into issuer and sector views. Engage with individual management teams as needed on ESG topics in conjunction with APG's Global Responsible Investment Group and towards the progression of APG's Inclusion Policy.
- Form and communicate strong opinions on relative value among sectors, issuers, and securities.
- Maintain required documentation for names under coverage in the form of models, investment cases, and sector outlooks.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience covering TMT on the buy or sell side doing credit research, leveraged finance or investment banking. Strong fundamentals-based investment experience coupled with high expertise in relative value decision making.
- Expertise in bank and bond documentation, covenants and deal/corporate structures.
- Top notch modeling and forecasting skills; scenario based analysis.
- Self-motivated team player and achiever; ability to multitask among names and sectors and IG/HY as the market demands.
- Experience with stressed/distressed investing preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving, innovation and creativity.
- MBA and/or CFA would be a plus.