The Investment Analyst position conducts research and analyses in support of sourcing, underwriting, and due diligence of new investments, primarily focused on private direct and co-investment opportunities. The position also supports the ongoing monitoring of existing investments and external investment managers. The Investment Analyst supports internal and external investment reporting including, but not limited to, performance evaluation, asset allocation, portfolio analytics, and cash flow projections. Additionally, this position assists and/or backs up senior members of the investment team in a variety of internal portfolio management and external investment manager processes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support of investment initiatives and processes
- Assists with sourcing of new investment opportunities
• External investment managers
• Direct investments
- Assists in due diligence and/or underwriting
- Attends to ongoing investment monitoring tasks
• Analytical support
- Gathers relevant data and provides analyses as needed
- Assists in the evaluation of investment transactions
- Maintains internal investment dashboards
- Supports quarterly investment reporting process
• Quality assurance (in collaboration with operations team)
- Assists with data acquisition and database management
- Assists with investment documentation and checklist completion
- Assists in operational due diligence of external managers
The Investment Analyst Position reports directly to a senior member of the investment team and works collaboratively with both the investment and operations teams. UMFIA is a flat organization. The ideal candidate requires less supervision and values their increased involvement in the decision-making process.
The ideal candidate prefers working in a small, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment. UMFIA is a place where a candidate with an aptitude for identifying and solving problems, and an affinity for prioritizing team success can thrive. The ideal candidate is also inquisitive and enjoys learning through reading, developing new relationships, and through trial and error.
Required Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of basic investment concepts and quantitative methods
- Experience working in a Windows PC environment and with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience creating reports, graphics, and financial models in Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Work Habits and Personal Traits:
- Strives to be accurate and pays attention to details
- Ability to prioritize workflow and meet project deadlines
- Enjoys the opportunity to work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with internal policies and procedures
- Honest, fair, humble, trustworthy, respectful, transparent
- Values being part of a mission-driven organization.
- A sense of humor
Two to five years of investment experience. A candidate with a credit analysis background and/or experience underwriting direct investments is preferred.
An undergraduate degree from an academically rigorous institution. A CFA charter or progress towards attaining one is desirable, but not required.
A competitive base salary and annual incentive award are commensurate with experience and earnings history. UMFIA provides a strong benefits package.
This is a typical office environment in which employees use office equipment like personal computers, fax machines, copiers, telephones; stand or sit at a desk for long periods of time (2-3) hours; may need to lift and move documents and supplies (not to exceed 25 lbs.); and bend to file or retrieve documents. Occasional travel is required.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to submit resume is September 6, 2019.
More searches like this
- Actuarial Services Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Credit Analysis Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Risk Management Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors