Senior Investment Associate – Public Market Investments
The Senior Investment Associate will be part of our firm’s Investment Research Team and report directly to the Deputy Chief Investment Officer. Primary responsibility includes the implementation of our investment process as it relates to investment solutions in public markets. Candidates should have a strong understanding of Modern portfolio Theory; Strategic & tactical Asset Allocation; Investment Manager Selection Processes; Quantitative Analysis; and Wealth Management for ultra-high net worth families.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior Investment Associate is responsible for taking a lead role in the development and implementation of our investment process and capabilities. Among other responsibilities, the Senior Investment Associate will be responsible for sourcing investment solutions through all available channels including, but not limited to, our Investment Consultant – Mercer; maintaining comprehensive oversight and monitoring of our current investment solutions; conduct investment manager quantitative and qualitative Due Diligence (including passive solutions); developing and enhancing investment systems and tools; support CIO with Global Unconstrained Portfolio (GUP) implementation; and recommending investment solution in line with views from the Investment & Implementation Committee(s).
Successful Candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required; CFA and master’s degree (MBA) strongly preferred;
- 8+ years of progressive financial experience. Working within a family office preferred;
- Strong understanding of geopolitical trends, macroeconomics, asset allocation and risk;
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and monitor investment managers & strategies (active and passive) with experience in conducting on site diligence;
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and analytical skills. Flexible and adaptable to change;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization;
- Experience communicating complex concepts to clients in a manner that empowers confidence and action;
- The ability to prepare investment committee memorandums and presentation materials;
- Be self-driven, reliable and able to perform under pressure able to perform with minimal supervision in a small team environment;
- Be motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere.