Associate Portfolio Manager & Trader
Qube Investment Management Inc. (QIM) is a registered portfolio management firm (Alberta & British Columbia), offering a combination of value and ethical investment methodologies. QIM has a mission to make investments matter.
Under various registrations and incorporations, Qube has been offering investment advice for over 20 years. Qube is a growing team of professionals offering an alternative to mass-market investment products. We offer a professionally managed and disciplined investment experience with discretionary portfolio management for those seeking alternatives to mutual funds or brokerage wrap accounts. Our clients include high net worth individuals, corporations, pensions, trusts, and foundations. With over 220 million under management, our portfolio is currently invested in blue chip, large-cap publicly traded companies and we use a classic fundamental analysis approach as taught largely in the CFA program. More information can be found at www.qubeinvest.ca.
We are now offering a full-time permanent position, for an Associate Portfolio Manager & Trader. This role would be responsible for supporting the current Investment Management Team with client account trading (ad hoc and rebalancing), fixed income management and portfolio construction and analyst support.
Overview of Position Responsibilities
This position will report to our Sr. Associate Portfolio Manager and work within a team environment coordinating with our Investment Counseling, Portfolio Management, as well as our client relations and administrative personnel. This position will be responsible for;
Trading & Rebalancing: Compiling of client investment information, completing portfolio performance & diversification reports, fee analysis, risk management profiling, transition trade plans and retirement scoping reports.
Fixed Income Management: Responsible for analysis of clients fixed income portfolios, research and knowledge of macro-economic trends impacting interest rates and bond yields, creation of laddered bond portfolios for each client.
Firm Financial Reporting: Compiling and generating financial reports including; firm budget versus actuals, portfolio performance vs. benchmarks, portfolio sectoral positioning, portfolio macro positioning.
Group Savings & Model Review: Completing reviews of fund holdings and fund manager reviews, researching new sectoral/geographic rebalancing strategies, compile semi-annual reports which highlight portfolio changes and our macroeconomic outlook.
Analyst Support: We have a robust fundamental analysis program using first- and second-year student analysts. Training, peer review and report polishing duties may be required of this position.
- Ideally (but not required) 1-3 years of experience working as a trader in the financial services industry or similar;
- Relevant post-secondary education with completion of a Bachelor’s degree;
- Completion of CFA level 1, or the CIM designation;
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and applications, including MS Office Suite;
- Ideally (but not required), experience with a Bloomberg (or like) terminal and other data/statistical packages;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong ability to independently research and problem solve;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and work accurately within deadlines;
- Ability to register with the Securities Commission as an investment professional;
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Starting salary of $50-$70k (dependent on qualifications and experience);
- 2 Weeks of holidays, plus a week around the Christmas holiday;
- Paid sick time;
- $1,500 ‘Flex-Credits’ health spending and wellness account;
- RRSP plan, with employer contributions;
- Fully paid professional development;
- Additional benefits.
The successful candidate of this position will learn the skills required to become a Senior Associate Portfolio Manager or Portfolio Manager. As part of their role, this candidate will be required to complete their CFA. We offer a professionally minded, yet casual work environment. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. We reserve the right to offer contracts to successful candidates during the posting period and close the posting early.
Please email your application to Michael Baker at email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to; race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance.
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Sell Side Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Sell Side Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors