VP, Portfolio Manager
7 days left
Mackenzie Investments was founded in 1967 and is a leading investment management firm providing investment advisory and related services to retail and institutional clients. The company has $66.37 billion in assets under management, and as part of IGM (a subsidiary of the Power Financial Group of Companies), is the largest independent asset manager in Canada, with $157.62 billion. We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Everything we do starts with the needs of investors, whether they are saving for a child’s postsecondary education, setting money aside for the future needs of a family member with a disability, or funding their own retirement. In fact, our focus is summed up in our Vision statement: We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Our growth and success are the direct result of our employees, and we strive to create a workplace supported by the following core values: Creativity and Innovation, Strong Decision Making, Collaboration, Courage, Honesty and Integrity, Confidence and Pride.
At Mackenzie Investments you can Build Your Career with Confidence by:
Changing the Game: We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them.
Making a Smarter World: We believe in continuous learning, understanding what is most important and sharing the benefits of that knowledge.
Being Proud: As a part of our team you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians.
Joining an Unstoppable Team: We build teams that look out for each other, ask the best of each other and deliver the finest work.
Learning and Growing: We offer an environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn; getting the challenges and feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities.
Thriving in a Supportive Environment: We have created a workplace where your efforts and career are supported by your team and your leader.
Reporting into Alain Bergeron, SVP and Head of Multi-Asset Strategies, the Portfolio Manager will lead hands-on research initiatives, manage portfolios and be a named portfolio manager. In addition to their internal function, the successful candidate will also be a face to investors, representing Mackenzie in the market place.
The ideal candidates are passionate about portfolio management, innovative, creative, possess strong decision-making skills, are humble and have the highest standard of honesty and integrity. They are engaged and motivated by achieving excellence by being part of a team who strives continuously to be the best in its field. The successful candidate will gain valuable knowledge and skills by being part of a team that make investments decisions on a large breadth of asset classes, geographies and investment strategies.
He/she will have, at least seven years of experience of direct portfolio management and disciplined research experience at world-class institutions. He/she will have a proven and successful performance track record in managing top-down, multi-asset investing portfolios. In addition to strong quantitative skills, the successful candidate will also possess a strong qualitative understanding of markets drivers and fundamentals. The candidate will share an investment philosophy that values systematic investing, as well as a strong appreciation for qualitative understanding of fundamental insights that can augment the quality of a disciplined investment process. He/she will have the ability to collaborate with the broader team and effectively interface with portfolio managers, research analysts, traders, IT, client relationship professionals and others as needed within the organization.
Responsibilities and Activities:
The main responsibilities and activities of the Portfolio Manager will be:
- Overseeing and managing portfolios to provide competitive returns
- Leading cutting-edge research to forecast the risk and returns of stocks, bonds, currencies and commodities and related derivatives
- Assessing the investment merits and risks of various investment strategies; conducting due diligence and monitoring of internal and external managers
- Preparing and delivering presentations to retail and institutional clients
- Contributing to investment thought leadership and the design of innovative investment solutions to meet clients’ needs
- Writing commentaries as needed in support of regulatory and client service requirements
- Providing guidance to the design and enhancement of an effective technology and data infrastructure supporting world-class investment management tools and processes
Required Qualifications, Experiences and Abilities:
The following summarizes the capabilities and experiences viewed as most critical to success in this role:
- PhD or Master degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics (or a related discipline)
- Minimum of 7 years of direct portfolio management and disciplined research experience at world-class institutions
- Strong quantitative background, with a deep appreciation of market drivers and fundamentals
- Proven track record of consistent and superior performance, directly managing a systematic macro, GTAA, multi-assets and/or asset allocation mandates
- Deep knowledge of economics, asset pricing, portfolio construction, risk management and derivatives
- Excellent and proven presentation skills; comfortable leading presentations to both retail and institutional clients
- Quantitative equity factor investing experience would be considered an asset
- Team player with reputation for coaching and mentoring less senior team members
- Ability to work under pressure and with time-sensitive deadlines
- Experience with derivatives (futures, forward, options) and strong computer skills would be assets
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
File # 19-79