Buy-side Equity Analyst opportunity in San Francisco: Analyst will work predominantly with portfolio manager as part of a family office direct investment team, analyzing long and short equity investments. Includes: building and maintaining financial models, participating in conference calls, attending industry conferences, conducting primary research on companies, products, customers and competitors across industries. Responsibilities will also include fund operational support such as liaison with middle and back office portfolio support.
Skills and Experience
- Buy-side/Sell-side experience, investment banking or PE experience MBA, CFA and/or 3-8 years’ work experience in the above
- Strong financial modeling is key and ability to translate data into actionable items
- Strong understanding of financial statement analysis
- Strong Excel, PPT and Bloomberg, FactSet skills a plus
- Ability to concisely describe an investment idea, including company, opportunity, competition, valuation, catalysts, risk/reward, timing
- Discipline, tenacity and conscientiousness
- A passion for investing; ability to think and research globally across sectors and industries
- Enjoys a small, entrepreneurial team
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
Please submit a resume and an informal letter (no generic cover letters please) that briefly describes yourself, and any other supporting discussion that is not encompassed in your resume (for example: stocks ideas you like, personal investing experience, inspiration, etc.). Ideally candidates currently reside in the Bay Area.
Please email resume and letter to Hanna at firstname.lastname@example.org