Senior Institutional Investment Advisor
Senior Institutional Investment Advisor
Manages and provides comprehensive investment management services to Institutional Client Services’ clients. Operates within a professional team environment supporting the delivery of an integrated institutional offering consistent with the investment objectives of institutional clients. Recommends investment solutions via a needs-based, consultative approach, and proactively manages the client relationship including guiding sensitive and/or difficult client situations to a mutually satisfactory resolution.
- Maintain current knowledge of financial markets and Wilmington Trust’s Institutional investment process including Global Capital Markets and Retirement & Institutional Custody offerings.
- Articulate current and relevant economic, financial and market information, as well as all available products/services to clients and prospects.
- Develop Investment Policy Statements (IPS) with and for clients including annual reviews and updates. Implement investment strategy recommendations.
- Communicate Wilmington Trust's investment process from setting capital market expectations to performance measurement and attribution.
- Manage book of accounts, comprised of significant and complex investment and fiduciary relationships, consistent with all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Implement Wilmington Trust's investment methodology in all assigned portfolios in a timely manner.
- Attend relevant training and informational meetings maintaining market, process and platform.
- Complete annual Regulation 9 account reviews, minimize exceptions, and manage corrective action plans.
- Identify and develop additional opportunities with existing clients. Provide expert support, including proposals and presentations, for new business opportunities with prospects.
- Maintain appropriate levels of personal interaction with clients. Educate clients on emerging issues, regulatory and tax changes, and advise clients on appropriate actions.
- Participate in sales efforts. Identify and develop additional opportunities with existing clients.
- Maintain positive working relationships internally as well as with current and prospective clients. Provide necessary support and information to clients, Global Capital Markets and Retirement & Institutional Custody Service’s sales personnel as well as others for all investment solutions.
- Actively participate and serve on relevant governance committees supporting ICS.
- Maintain a current understanding of changes in the industry including Federal, State specific, and various government regulations.
- Participate actively in divisional projects, initiatives, group meetings and calls.
- Serve as mentor for other Institutional Client Services investment professionals.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Integral to the success of the position is the ability to communicate internally with Bank management and executives and externally with clients, and their representatives.
Manages a staff of 1
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7 years’ investment-related experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 11 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 7 years’ investment-related experience
Comprehensive industry and investment knowledge
Experience reading, analyzing, and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations
Proficient personal computer skills with solid knowledge of pertinent office software
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong presentation skills
Experience listening and accurately interpreting client needs
Experience developing relationships and interacting with internal and external partners
Proven experience working effectively within a team environment
Education and Experience Preferred:
MBA (Masters’ degree in Business Administration)
CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) and/or CFP (Certified Financial Planner) certification
Proven experience working with institutional clients and complex client relationships
The link below will take you to our career site, where you can submit your application. The requisition number is R07806 Senior Institutional Investment Advisor. If you experience difficulty opening the link, please go to our career site and apply, https://www.mtb.com/careers
M&T Bank Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.