Investment Banking Associate
Eight Capital is a 100% principal-owned Canadian, full-service investment dealer with offices in Toronto, Montreal, and Calgary whose principal businesses includes investment banking, equity research and institutional sales & trading.
Eight Capital currently offers services across several industry verticals including; Energy, Cannabis, Metals & Mining, Healthcare & Special Situations, Information Technology, Agriculture, Financials, Consumer Staples & Discretionary and Real Estate. Eight Capital's investment banking team works with corporate clients within our core sectors to offer a range of advisory and financing services.
Our Calgary based Investment Banking group is focused on providing corporate advisory, capital markets, restructuring and private equity / capital expertise to companies within a broad spectrum of industries. While Oil & Gas is a key focus for Eight Capital, our Calgary Investment Banking group also focuses on other diversified sectors including agriculture, Cannabis, Technology and Consumer Staples & Discretionary. You will support the team and be expected to assume a progressively increasing level of responsibility. You will have access to experienced professionals that have a track record of success in capital markets and corporate finance.
We are looking for a motivated individual with an Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree with a focus on Finance or related field and a minimum of two years of investment banking or equivalent experience to join our Calgary based Investment Banking team as an Associate.
The successful candidate will have significant execution experience having been involved in numerous M&A and financing transactions.
· Support execution efforts with increasing level of responsibility and accountability;
· Research and analyze clients' financial situations, industry and market data, and M&A opportunities;
· Develop valuation models of private and public companies as well as merged entities;
· Apply analytical tools to assess and appropriately value opportunities;
· Conduct due diligence on a variety of companies, sectors and jurisdictions;
· Prepare precedent transactions and comparable company analyses;
· Prepare client documents and presentations; and
· Other duties as assigned.