Credit Support Analyst – Funds & Asset Managers
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
RISK I2S is one of the five Business domains of RISK. The domain has responsibility of the credit risk profile and related credit approval process for all Institutional clients, Intragroup entities and Market Infrastructures.
Main Missions Are
- Recommend to Senior and General Management the target risk profile of Institutionals & Securities Services activities in line with the Group target risk profile
- Manage the credit approval process and policies
- Adapt RISK I2S Domain to upcoming challenges
- Act as RISK representative vis-à-vis the Coverage and Business lines
- The Credit Support Analyst will be actively contributing to the credit approval process for Funds and Asset Managers in collaboration with Credit Teams in the hubs.
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
Data Management & Data Collection
- Collect documentation needed for credit analysis
- Collect limit requests from Business lines, create requests in RISK Systems
- Collect former credit decisions
- Check status of Legal Documentation in Beagle and prepare Credit Questionnaires in line with BNPP standards
- Produce and format reports for peer comparison, limits & exposure monitoring and other regular or Ad Hoc reports
- Check Delegation Levels and type of analysis needed for all counterparties
- Perform NAV updates for Hedge Funds
- Credit Analysis & Contribution to Credit Approval Porcess
- Take responsibility for fast track and low risk requests in the credit approval workflow tool CPA (Light Annual Reviews, onboarding of funds, reallocations, deal pre-approvals…):
- Light analysis of counterparties
- Limit input
- Clear and concise deal description and rationale
- Credit Memo
- Minutes writing
- Submission to Delegation Holder
- Produce, analyze and communicate Limits and Exposure reports to credit process stakeholders. Provide recommendations on actions to be taken
- Perform data extractions, produce statistics/indicators and prepare presentations for reporting exercises and risk reviews
- Perform and monitor data quality enhancements in RISK Systems etc.
- Monitor the Annual Review Calendar and Past Due Reporting jointly with Credit Analysts and Credit Team heads
- Coordinate, organize and lead Past Due Committees, including production of presentations and minutes writing
- Contribute to Excess Management and closing of excesses
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Banking, Finance, Economics, Risk Management, Financial Markets or other relevant areas.
- Experience: 2+ years in Banking, Consultancy (finance) or Risk Management
- Languages: English (fluent), second language (professional efficiency)
- Analytical skills
- Adaptability and proactivity, multitasking
Communication (verbal and written)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge/understanding of banking and financial market
- Self-driven and organized
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.