DC Consultant (Senior Associate) - Supporting plan sponsors in all aspects of DC plan management
3 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
M E R C E R
Title: Defined Contribution (DC) Consultant
Location : Toronto, Canada
About the position:
The Defined Contribution Consultant works as part of our DC Consulting team, which provides a full range of services for sponsors of defined contribution pension and savings plans (e.g. Group RRSP, DPSP, EPSP, NRSP, TFSA).
This role consists of working with plan sponsors to design their DC plans, select and monitor recordkeepers, structure and monitor the investment options offered to participants, and oversee the continued improvement of sound plan management.
The ideal candidate should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to successfully interact with clients and prospects.
The Consultant will also be expected to support a number of mid-sized clients as the primary consultant and assist senior consultants in managing a number of large size clients.
Mercer’s DC consulting team uses a full suite of proprietary tools in the delivery of these services. The successful candidate will receive training on our full suite of tools and services.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrate knowledge of defined contribution plans and their way of functioning, including regulatory and governance aspects.
- Demonstrate knowledge in core investment strategies and support plan sponsors in selecting the appropriate investment structure and investment strategies
- Act as primary consultant for a number of mid-sized clients and co-consultant for a number of large sized clients
- Peer review reports, adding client specific information and ensuring client suitability
- Manage client related assignments and ensure on time delivery
- Act as reference point and collaborate with the recordkeeper in implementing DC plans
- Manage a variety of projects independently
Qualifications and attributes required:
- Experience in client relationship management
- A bachelor's degree in business, finance, actuarial science, or other business-related areas
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience working with defined contribution plans in the capacity of plan sponsor, consultant or relationship manager with a recordkeeper
- Superior communication and project management skills
- Ability to manage, motivate, and mentor junior-level staff
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 23,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With 75,000 colleagues and annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh,which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions;Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
At Mercer, we’re creating a culture where you can bring your authentic self to work. When you join us, you bring your inclusive energy and enthusiasm to a team that values you personally and professionally – regardless of who you are, what you look like, where you were raised or born, who you love or what your religious beliefs are. You are welcome here.
Chez Mercer, nous favorisons une culture d’entreprise qui vous permet d’être vraiment vous-même au travail. Lorsque vous joignez nos rang vous contribuez, par votre ênergie inclusive et votre enthousiasme, à une équipe qui vous apprécie à la fois sur les plans personnel et professionnel – peu importe qui vous êtes, votre apparence, l’endroit où vous êtes né ou avez grandi, qui vous aimez ou vos croyances religieuses. Ici, la porte vous est grande ouverte.
If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems, and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to apply online at www.mercer.ca
The job number is R_048246