Senior Analyst – Fixed Income Research, Mexico
Afore Coppel is a Mexican pension fund management company headquartered in Mexico City and established in 2006. It is a subsidiary of Coppel Capital, which is ultimately owned by Grupo Coppel. As at June 30, 2019, the company held close to US$ 12 billion in assets under management and 10 million customers. It offers one of the widest coverage service in the country, through more than 1,450 services modules, providing professional and comprehensive retirement advisory services. For more information: https://www.aforecoppel.com.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team as Senior Analyst, Fixed Income Research. The successful candidate will support the Associate Director and Portfolio Managers in all aspect of investment and asset management activities with a focus on credit research on an assigned universe as well as the ongoing analysis, monitoring and reporting of corporate debt issuers. The person will have the opportunity to play a relevant role into the investment decision making process and the typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform fundamental research and in-depth analysis on a specific set of local corporate debt issuers across multiple industries.
- Prepare written research reports and presentations, as required.
- Recommend securities consistent with the investment strategies that will add value to portfolios.
- Build, update and analyze financial models, and monitor market for opportunities among existing portfolio positions.
- Monitor performance and risk of securities within the assigned sector.
- Assist in the development of tools and processes to assess individual securities.
- Maintain relationships with company management, sell-side analyst, and other key contacts to evaluate current and future company performance.
- Attend conferences and corporate management meetings, if warranted.
- Respond to inquiries from Fixed Income PM, and participate in Investment Subcommittee.
- Provide mentoring to junior analysts as and when required.
- Advanced academic degrees and professional designations (CFA) preferred.
- 2-4 years of related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong financial modeling, analytical and organization skills.
- Strict personal integrity and work ethic, and ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion without direct supervision.
Please include resume (and sample research is a plus) when applying for this role.
Please identify for which specific position you are applying and highlight your relevant industry experience.