Associate Director, Equity and Alternative Investment Research
2 days left
Afore Coppel is a Mexican pension fund management company headquartered in Mexico City and established in 2006. It is a subsidiary of Coppel Capital, which is ultimately owned by Grupo Coppel. As at June 30, 2019, the company held close to US$ 12 billion in assets under management and 10 million customers. It offers one of the widest coverage service in the country, through more than 1,450 services modules, providing professional and comprehensive retirement advisory services. For more information: https://www.aforecoppel.com.
We are looking for an experienced individual to join our team as Associate Director, Equity and Alternative Investment Research. The successful candidate will support the Investment Risk Director and Portfolio Managers in all aspect of investment and asset management activities with a focus on bottom-up fundamental research on an assigned coverage universe, due diligence and underwriting of investment opportunities, as well as the ongoing analysis, monitoring and reporting of stocks and real estate/private equity funds. The person will be responsible for a team of junior/senior analysts and the typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead, build, direct research coverage for Equity and Alternative Investment portfolios.
- Cover multiple sectors by producing valuable research on stocks and real estate/private equity funds.
- Conduct fundamental research and in-depth analysis on local/global securities (stocks, ETFs, REIT, PE, etc.).
- Identify drivers of value creation and advise Equity and Alternative Investment PM of investment opportunities.
- Monitor existing managed holdings, generate new buy/sell recommendations, review proposed securities purchases, and communicate conclusions and recommendations orally and in writing.
- Ensure research being produced is timely, thorough, thoughtful, and meets internal/external standards.
- Interact with institutional investors, and participate in roadshows, seminars and other related events.
- Attend conferences and corporate management meetings.
- Respond to inquiries from Equity and Alternative Investment PM, and participate in Investment Committee.
- Provide training to junior/senior analysts as and when required.
- Advanced academic degrees and professional designations (CFA, CAIA) preferred
- 5+ years of related experience (people management experience is not mandatory, however the individual must have at least guided or mentored people before)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Extremely detail-oriented, team player, proactive, driven and committed to continuous quality improvement
Please include resume (and sample research is a plus) when applying for this role.
Please identify for which specific position you are applying and highlight your relevant industry experience.
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Risk Management Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors