Impax Asset Management LLC | Pax World Funds
Impax Asset Management LLC, investment adviser to Pax World Funds and a leader in the field of Sustainable Investing, is seeking a highly motivated individual for the newly created position of Investment Associate.
Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, the position provides the opportunity to gain exposure to and contribute to important areas of investment management – trading, portfolio optimization and analytics in connection with strategic beta strategies as well as providing general support for the investment management team, including sustainable and gender lens strategies. The incumbent must be able to handle complex tasks, prioritize effectively, be flexible as priorities change and handle ad-hoc requests from various team members. She or he must be able to attend to day-to-day details while maintaining a strategic, analytical focus.
- Serve as back-up equity trader and assist in equity and fixed income executions
- Work with London middle office colleagues in all aspects of trade support, settlement and operations
- Ensure compliance with established regulatory and operational procedures
- Support all aspects of the Beta Strategies, including portfolio optimization, analytics and attribution
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Barra risk model and portfolio optimizer
- Undertake special projects under the direction of the CIO and/or Director, Portfolio Analytics & Index Strategy Optimization
- Contribute to Impax’s collaborative investment culture by participating in meetings and sharing views with Portfolio Managers and Analysts
- High standards of ethics and integrity
- Some prior related experience (1 – 3 years) in financial analysis or operations preferred
- Progress toward and/or commitment to achieving the CFA designation
- Strong analytical and technical skills including robust Excel experience
- Knowledge of Bloomberg Trade Order Management System a plus
- Knowledge of portfolio optimization a plus
- Ability to understand risks and react accordingly, adaptable to change
- Ability to handle stress and make sound decisions under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment and to meet deadlines with efficiency and accuracy
Impax Asset Management LLC, formerly Pax World Management LLC, is investment adviser to Pax World Funds and a pioneer in the field of sustainable investing. The firm offers a diverse lineup of mutual funds and separate accounts focused on the risks and opportunities arising from the transition to a more sustainable global economy. Each Pax strategy integrates environmental, social and governance (ESG) research into the investment process to better manage risk and deliver competitive long-term investment performance. Since 1971, we have made it possible for investors to pursue financial returns while aligning their investments with their values.
Headquartered in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, we serve the investment needs of individuals, financial advisors and institutional investors. Our rapidly growing company of approximately 57 employees, offers a friendly, collaborative and professional work environment. Visit us at www.paxworld.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to high standards of corporate social responsibility, both in our investment approach and in the way we try to conduct our own business. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.