Equity Analyst for 1818 Partners
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as an Equity Analyst
Brown Brothers Harriman is seeking an Equity Analyst for its 1818 Partners group in New York. This is a unique opportunity to work alongside a small group of experienced investors in a ~$1bn AUM long only, concentrated, investment partnership with an ownership-minded approach towards public equity investing.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in public equity investing, strong writing and analytical skills as well as excellent competency in Microsoft Word and Excel. This position is ideal for those who love to invest and want to learn how to invest professionally using a long-term, long-only (no shorting), fundamentals based, and value-oriented style. The goal is to research and identify excellent businesses and invest in them at significant discounts to intrinsic value.
Some of your key Investment Analysis/Modeling responsibilities include:
- Assist the Senior Equity Analysts and Portfolio Managers in the evaluation of current and potential investments that fit the qualitative investment criteria of the fund.
- Perform evaluation of public information (annual reports, quarterly conference calls, newspapers, sell-side brokerage reports, etc).
- Conduct interviews with management, suppliers, competitors and customers.
- Analyze variables such as regulatory actions and changing industry dynamics.
- Provide information on prospective and existing investments to Equity Analysts and Portfolio Managers.
- Build and update financial and valuation models and other statistical analyses.
- Run stock screens to find potential undervalued companies and conduct initial research and write-ups on companies.
- Arrange due diligence calls and monitor schedules for earnings releases and news flows.
- Monitor company/industry conference calls and web casts.
- Attend industry conferences.
- Investment Banking internship or 6 months to 1+ years of relevant experience in either an Investment Banking training program, Investment Management, Consulting or Public Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record required (minimum 3.5 GPA).
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent competency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong financial acumen and risk analysis skills.
- Excellent conceptual and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to analyze complex issues and make sound decisions.
- Ability to work independently and report findings confidently to the rest of the investment team.
- Successful candidates will have a strong work ethic, ability to meet strict deadlines and work as part of an integrated team.
- Detail-oriented self-starter with a demonstrated interest in public equity investing.
- Analysts will be expected to contribute productively from the start of the position, so a strong knowledge of equity investment strategies and valuation methodologies is a plus.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others