Associate, Research - Integrated Oil & Gas, Research
Associate, Research - Integrated Oil & Gas, Research - Calgary - Job #4095
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (“Company”) is a leading independent, full-services financial firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Research Associate to join the Calgary team covering integrated oil and gas companies.
- Provide research support to the Research Analyst;
- Conduct company, industry and macro-economic research;
- Coordinate, generate and maintain research reports, presentations and databases;
- Develop and maintain complex financial models;
- Assist in the writing of research reports
- Assist with coordinating quarterly reporting initiatives;
- Support and answer client queries;
- Assist with special projects, presentations and initiatives as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Education that includes an undergraduate degree, an MBA and/or a CFA charter or enrolment in the CFA program (ideally with completion of at least Level II);
- CPA, CA designation an asset;
- Technical (engineer/geology/geophysics) oil and gas experience and/or capital markets experience is desirable;
- Good understanding of financial statements and their interaction together;
- Direct experience with and a solid understanding of financial modeling, valuation analysis, statistical analysis, and portfolio management;
- Expert MS Office skills (Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint);
- Bloomberg / FactSet experience an asset;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to create high-quality deliverables while managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Willingness and flexibility to work long hours under deadline pressure and to show initiative.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.
More searches like this
- Accounting/Audit/Tax Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Banking Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Corporate Finance Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Equities Research: Buy Side Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Equities Research: Sell Side Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters