Prudent Man Advisors Quantitative Analyst
Prudent Man Advisors, LLC is a growing institutional investment advisor seeking professional candidates for a quantitative analyst role supporting the firm’s portfolio management and research efforts in our Minneapolis office. The quantitative analyst will perform research to identify opportunities for improved risk management across our disciplines. The professional will be required to analyze large data sets and multiple platform systems to support trading, research and management reporting needs for the firm.
Consistently demonstrates exceptional internal and external service with clients, along with the core values: Integrity, Commitment and Performance.
Models, mentors, and leads colleagues/teams to develop innovative methods and approaches for efficacy.
Steward of compliance, coordinates with company staff to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations and reports.
- Champion the development of platform which insures integrity across various reporting platforms to lessen possibility of “out-trades”, reporting errors or data validation issues.
- Position auditing
- Identification of data breaks and multi-system reconciliations
- “systemization” in lieu of spreadsheets
- Internal and external liaison for systems and process development and integrity
- Ensure process persistence via training and adequacy of procedure development
Portfolio and Performance Analysis
- Support GIPS committee in monthly meetings and data management of GIPS composites
- Perform outlier research as necessary
- Develop standardized portfolio dashboard reports for committee review
- Summary Portfolio/Composite Positioning/Active Risk Decision
- Performance Dashboard by Portfolio/Composite including Attribution Effects
Structured Finance Research
- Support Rates Research Lead by assisting in the development of structured finance holdings analysis tools
- Assist in the development of Issuer template to develop time series analysis of issuance trends and behaviors of invested asset classes.
- Research mortgage, asset backed and commercial mortgage sectors as directed by CIO and Portfolio Management Staff.
- Provide transaction and trading support for Rates team
Bloomberg AIM and Clearwater
- Ensure system accuracy and integrity working closely with PM and Bloomberg /CW relationship teams
- Standardize Bloomberg AIM Management and PM system setups
- Develop and maintain “actual to benchmark” reporting
- Develop and maintain performance attribution based upon various risk attributes
- OASD and Distribution of OASD
- Weightings / Active Share
- Asset allocations / Security selection
- Develop and maintain risk attribution to
- Identify portfolio exposures to lessen idiosyncratic risk
- Sector weighting based upon relative asset class risks
- Develop and maintain risk and compliance reporting
- Develop and maintain reports across Bloomberg AIM and CW as need by CIO and Portfolio Management staff for efficient operation and reporting client positions, exposures and risk.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Education and/or Experience
Undergraduate Degree in discipline or related field of study
Chartered Financial Analyst or Commitment to Complete Required
Professional written and verbal communication skills
Expert Excel Skills
Strong Database and Access Skills preferred
Strong Mathematical / Quantitative Ability
Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
Chartered financial analyst (CFA) certification.
PMA Financial Network, LLC is a highly collaborative environment with cross-functional relationships. The Quantitative Analyst will be engaged across all working groups and levels; reporting to the company’s Senior Portfolio Manager- Mortgage.
More searches like this
- Brokerage Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Compliance/Regulatory Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Investment Bank CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors