Equity Research Analyst
Equity Research Associate – Software & IT Services
BMO Capital Markets is seeking an Equity Research Associate to support our lead Software & IT Services Analyst. Candidates should have strong familiarity with these industries preferably gained from job experience in the tech industry, sell-side or buy-side equity research, investment banking, or strategic consulting. An MBA, CFA , CPA designation and a degree in finance and/or accounting are desired, but not required.
As a Research Associate, you will perform extensive fundamental research and analysis of Software & IT Services companies and their market segments . You will create, maintain, and update detailed financial models, build on your in-depth industry expertise, and contribute extensively to the team’s written product. You also will support the senior analyst and the franchise through consistent interactions with company management teams, as well as institutional clients and BMO equity salespeople and traders.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Successful candidates require a demonstrated history of internal drive/initiative, as well as unrelenting attention to detail, a high level of curiosity, a strong work ethic, and a positive attitude. The following are required skill sets:
- Strategic reasoning capabilities
- Superior technical skills, particularly in financial modeling and financial statement analysis (samples may be required)
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- Solid interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Strong written communication skills (samples will be required)
- Strong academic record
- Demonstrated work ethic
- Ability to work with a team
- Supporting references
- FINRA SIE and Series 7, 63, 86 and 87 licenses (viewed favorably, but not as prerequisites)
This position is in New York, NY, or San Francisco, CA.