Tailwind Associates is a recently founded firm, based in Calgary, Alberta, that is experiencing rapid growth.
Our mission is to transform entrepreneurs’ great ideas and passion into corporate success. We have a strong belief in the entrepreneurial spirit, the trailblazers that courageously take a risk to make a positive difference and build something real. We assist in the commercialization and capitalization of the entrepreneurs’ imagination – building successful businesses is what we do.
Tailwind guides, supports, and works side-by-side with our clients to build great companies that can create value. We provide the necessary financial discipline, business development, strategy, and investor relations advice to achieve success.
Job Title: Associate
This job will be hands-on and dynamic, working directly with the CEO and Principal, primarily building financial models, supporting materials, and customer database management. The individual hired must be flexible, willing to learn, be able to handle various tasks in a fast-paced environment and a good cultural fit to Tailwind.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Build financial models
- Communicate financial analysis in verbal and written form
- Build and manage customer databases
- Interact with clients
- Provide creative ideas for marketing
- Maintain and update the corporate website
- Strong business acumen, work ethic, and attention to detail are a necessity
- Strong knowledge of financial statements
- Savvy with computers, including Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Awesome at research
- Self-starter than can figure things out
- Punctual at meeting deliverables and managing time
- Thoughtful, generate and share ideas that can improve the company
- Agile and able to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Business degree, majoring in accounting and/or finance
- Preference will be given to those that have a CPA designation, CFA charterholders, and/or individuals working towards these designations, but not required
- Recently graduated to three years experience
The role is intended to commence as a full-time contract for 3 to 12 months. With success, there may be an opportunity to move to full-time employment at the conclusion of the contract. We are a small company and fit will be as important as skills.
We value smarts and hustle. We are looking for the right individual that is willing to work hard, who wants to learn a ton and love coming to work. If this sounds like you, and you are interested in joining Tailwind, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for accepting resumes is August 2, 2019. With apologies, only those chosen to be interviewed will be contacted.