Senior Investment Professional – Public Corporate Bond Trading
Nationwide Investments employs a research driven, team oriented, and results focused investment process to manage our clients’ portfolios. Trading is one of three critical functions within the credit investment process, along with Portfolio Management and Credit Research. The Public Corporate Credit Trading position is responsible for working with all members of the credit team to identify, execute, and monitor opportunities and investments within the corporate credit markets. Trading responsibilities will span various industries and sectors in support of the overall management of general account and third-party portfolios. The position will primarily focus on the below investment grade corporate bond and broadly syndicated loan markets.
Depending on the individual’s experience and qualifications, the position will be either a Senior Investment Professional (SIP) or an Investment Professional (IP) within Nationwide Investments.
Collaborate with Credit Research and Portfolio Managers to:
- Develop comprehensive and coordinated credit investment strategy, customized to client portfolios.
- Identify emerging investment risks, and develop/implement successful risk mitigation actions.
- Proactively generate investment ideas and recommendations.
- Gather, analyze, and communicate credit market news, data, developments, and insights across corporate credit markets.
- Manage communications and interactions with sellside broker/dealers, including negotiating and executing primary and secondary market transactions to optimize our clients’ long-term performance.
- Oversee operational process for trade order entry and execution and ensure adherence to compliance and risk management policies for credit trading.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of credit investment process.
- Participate in various internal forums intended to keep all stakeholders informed of credit market developments.
- Perform ad-hoc projects as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree; MBA or CFA preferred.
Experience: Minimum five years of credit investing experience, including trading. Previous insurance company experience preferred. Additional investment experience will be required to qualify for Senior Investment Professional consideration.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong managerial abilities and leadership qualities.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Assertive with well-developed negotiating skills.
- Conversant in major fixed income and equity valuation methodologies.
- Handles pressure well and capable of managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Responsive, reliable, and timely.
- Ability to successfully coordinate and work across multiple groups.
- Proficient in Excel and Bloomberg.
Personal Attributes and Behaviors:
- Results driven, self-motivated, and intellectually inquisitive.
- Positive, hardworking, pro-active, and professional.
- Highly collaborative and team oriented.
- Critical and creative thinker willing to express opinions and views.
- Decisive with superb judgment.
- Organized, detailed, and process oriented.
- Capable of working independently.
- Leadership potential.
Additional Job Description