GF - Senior Auditor - APAC Internal Audit - Citi Private Banking - Assistant Vice President
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19034929
- Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1700 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
- This role directs the timely delivery of high quality; value added assurance and audit reports for the APAC Private Banking business, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
- The Senior Auditor will be based in Singapore and report to the CPB IA APAC Audit Controller, and will organizationally reside in the CPB IA APAC team. The role will be responsible for covering the APAC Private Banking business as well as global support.
- Understand and grasp the audit methodology, corporate standards, and internal control processes
- Execute audit assignments through effective collaboration with the regional or global audit teams within budgeted timelines and costs
- Lead and execute audits by identifying key risk and controls, develop and execute control assessment plans, draft control issues and present them to the management, discussing practical solutions
- Through the Business Monitoring process, monitor the risk and control environment of the business operations in the assigned audit entities including emerging risks
- Develop and maintain effective relationship with the business management through effective communication skills with a no-surprises approach
- Assess impact of applicable regulations to the relevant processes and adequacy of controls for compliance
- Assess appropriateness and sustainability of pragmatic solutions for risk mitigation
- Learn and apply the data quality standards for high quality audit documentation
- Actively contribute to the automated auditing initiative for efficient and continuous control monitoring
- Contribute to various corporate initiatives by active participation
- Assist the audit management in talent management, recruitment, interaction with regulators
- Demonstrate strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity
Qualifications and Competencies
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- At least eight years of experience in auditing in a medium to large scale environment in Banking sector with strong understanding of risks, controls and regulations in the Private Banking space and project management.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding local regulatory knowledge and a solid business understanding in the Private Banking space.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of products associated with the private banking business.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.