Hedge Fund Credit Officer
- A credit officer role based in Hong Kong, working in a team of 4 handling the credit risk taken to hedge funds, private equity funds and other deals with risk to alternative assets
- Credit risk analysis: Participate in due diligence meetings with each client; review and analysis of constitutional documentation; qualitative, quantitative and financial analysis to figure out internal credit ratings and risks at both the hedge fund group and individual fund level; and ultimately determination of our credit risk appetite
- Trading documentation: participate in negotiation of legal documentation and liaising with our Legal department, as appropriate
- Monitor the investment performance and financial condition of each fund
- Raise any issues or deterioration in credit profile within CRM
- Liaise with colleagues in other departments including Markets, AFG, Credit Analytics, Legal, Operations, Collateral Management and CRM and business divisions globally
- Trade approvals: Analyze, and make recommendations on initial margin levels on different type of transactions to be approved by the relevant credit officer
- Work closely with front office and other support areas (e.g. Credit Analytics and Legal) in the creation of client solutions, as required
- Dedicatedly handle credit risk by keeping abreast of market conditions and anticipate any potential adverse impact on the portfolio
- You have a University Degree; professional qualification such as CFA or FRM would be a plus.
- You have at least 4 years relevant credit experience in hedge funds at a major international bank.
- You have strong analytical skills; good product knowledge of derivatives and other traded products as well as master agreements such as ISDA/CSA and GMRA, etc.
- You have the ability to work on larger structured and loan transactions.
- You have due diligence - able to lead and participate in hedge fund due diligence meetings independently.
- You are an ambitious and self-starting team-player, with strong communication, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- You possess strong interpersonal skills, especially influencing and personal impact, and people manager to coach the junior team members.
- Your understanding of corporate analysis and Mandarin are both considered a plus. This is due to catering to Chinese clients.