Senior Solutions Developer
- Design, architect, implement and maintain innovative software solutions, business processes, enhance existing solutions and other initiatives as assigned.
- Design and develop reporting and workflow automation solutions using Power BI, SSRS, Excel, Access, VBA and other platforms.
- Research new software products and initiatives - perform vendor analysis, propose architecture/solution for implementation of vendor solutions.
- Be a subject matter expert in BI and automation for the bank. Learn new applications and tools and offer training to others.
- Lead and influence technical direction for large scale, highly complex technical initiatives and/or projects requiring integration of cross-functional systems.
- Take part in the enterprise data warehouse strategy and offer inputs.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, work with various business units to get buy in and design/build them where applicable.
- Help with digitization strategy for the bank and implement potential document management solutions (i.e. DocuSign, OnBase, etc.).
- Help streamline processes and maintain/enhance the Bank's CRM solution.
- Work with other departments to upgrade existing reports to use Power BI and SSRS. Work with other business units to design and develop new reports and dashboards as needed.
- Analyze projects and design specifications for less experienced internal and third-party team members to execute.
- Build REST and SOAP interfaces to work with software vendor services and 3rd party data providers.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related field required. Master's degree preferred, or working towards MBA, CFA or similar.
- General consulting skills including; analysis and problem solving, written and verbal communication, and team collaboration.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- 10 to 12 years of hands on experience as a developer, building systems particularly in the areas of business intelligence and finance.
- 5+ years of experience in banking or financial services.
- 2+ years of experience leading/mentoring team members.
- Demonstrated experience owning projects - being self-driven, have a sense of urgency, work with other departments as needed to manage all aspects of projects that are assigned.
- Strong experience in SQL Server database design, stored procedures, querying and performance tuning.
- Strong experience in developing solutions with C#, VBA, Excel, MS-Access or similar tools.
- Strong experience in consuming REST API and SOAP services.