Equity Research Associate
JMP Securities is a full-service investment bank that provides equity research, institutional brokerage and investment banking services to public and private growth companies and their investors. The firm is a subsidiary of publicly traded JMP Group LLC (NYSE: JMP).
JMP Securities’ equity research department covers more than 400 public companies and provides institutional clients with comprehensive industry knowledge, unique insight and actionable information. JMP’s senior research analysts are charged with developing proprietary investment themes, anticipating secular and cyclical changes and producing action-oriented reports.
JMP follows companies in four broad growth industries: Technology, Healthcare, Financial Services and Real Estate—and produces specialized equity research that enables investors to understand and invest in complicated growth stocks profitably.
JMP is presently searching for an equity research associate in our San Francisco office to support its senior analyst covering the Healthcare Facility & Services sector. The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background in accounting, exceptional analytical skills, familiarity with financial modeling concepts, and a keen desire to learn about the Healthcare real estate and service industries and investing. The candidate would also have the ability to multitask, outstanding time management skills and a passion for conducting and communicating proprietary and thought provoking research.
- Analyze individual Healthcare REIT and Healthcare Facility & Service companies and market trends. Conduct primary research including healthcare reimbursement, healthcare service and operating model financial analysis, due diligence on industry trends, assessment of company management and strategies
- Prepare regular written research reports
- Write comprehensive research reports
- Write notes in response to daily news flow; keep the Senior Analyst up-to-date on important news; maintain financial models and files
- Update analyst marketing handout
- Develop a network of physicians and industry experts
- Attend select medical conferences
- Interact with JMP’s institutional sales force
- MBA degree
- Strong accounting background
- Prior experience as an equity research associate, desirable, but not required
- Series 7, 63, 86 and 87 licenses desirable
- Basic understanding of the stock market and an interest in investing
- Outstanding excel and analytical skills; ability to do deep primary research, analyze and draw conclusions
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills are critical; must have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Maturity and poise to interact with C-suite executives at the companies we follow
- Highly organized and proactive with a strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask; be quick on your feet and highly responsive
- Enjoy both working independently and collaboratively in a small collegial team environment with honesty, integrity, intellectual curiosity
- Ability to thrive in a fast- paced, dynamic environment; ability to multitask
- A self-starter with the ability to deliver under pressure, work long hours and meet deadlines effectively