Investment Portfolio Administrator
As a member of the Fairport Investment Team with $2B+ in discretionary assets under management, the Investment Portfolio Administrator is responsible for client portfolio/account management to ensure optimum management of client accounts to achieve client objectives, and the execution of buy/sell recommendations and requests. This position be involved in security trading with the potential to become head trader. The position will be responsible for trade reconcilement and settlement.
This positions’ Performance Manager is the Chief Investment Officer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the day-to-day administration of specific client portfolios’ to ensure management to objectives and Investment Team guidelines and models.
- Work closely with Investment Team, to implement security transactions to achieve diversification and allocation objectives while in compliance with applicable security laws.
- Recommend policies and procedures related to portfolio administration.
- Act as liaison with other Investment Team members, Client Teams and Operations regarding trading, portfolio administration, portfolio management and compliance.
- Attend Best Execution committee meetings as a regular member.
- Maintain proprietary investment models.
QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- A 4-year degree, with an emphasis in finance, economics, investments, accounting and/or business.
- Minimum of 1 and up to 3 years of experience in a related field (financial services, insurance, banking, etc).
- Self-motivated, confident and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills in Windows applications and spreadsheets are required.
- Understanding of investment management principals, and the portfolio management process.
- Strong organization and analytical skills with orientation to detail and accuracy.
- Works well under pressure, requiring a minimal degree of supervision; able to organize work well with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Experience with Bloomberg, Morningstar, or other investment software a plus.
- Investment performance dispersion.
- Participation and team work in conjunction with corporate initiatives.
- Behavior and adherence to company values.