VP of Direct Lending & Underwriting - Jefferies Finance LLC
Founded in 2004, Jefferies Finance LLC ("JFIN") is a leading leveraged loan investor and arranger owned equally by MassMutual and Jefferies GroupLLC ("Jefferies"). JFIN manages more than $10 billion of capital across three business lines:
- Direct Lending Investment Management: Invests proprietary capital and commitments from third party investors in senior debt to finance middlemarket Private Equity Sponsor ("Sponsors") activity including LBOs, add-on M&A financings, and recapitalizations
- CLOs (Apex Credit Partners): 15 CLOs invested in broadly syndicated Sponsored loans. JFIN acts as manager and also invests in different tranchesof CLOs under management.
- Loan Underwriting and Arrangement: According to Bloomberg, JFIN was the leading underwriter of loans to PE Sponsors in the US in both 2017 and 2018
- JFIN originates investment opportunities through an exclusive partnership with Jefferies and its team of more than 800 investment bankers that are focused on transacting with Sponsors across the capital markets
- JFIN's Direct Lending Investment Management team is seeking a Vice President or Senior Vice President or equivalent-level employeein our New York office to help originate direct lending investments from middle market and large-cap Sponsorsin partnership with Jefferies Financial Sponsors Group ("FSG").The VP/SVP will also assist in the underwriting and portfolio management of Direct Lending investments. The VP/SVP of Origination and Underwriting will reportto the Chief Investment Officer.
- Responsibilities include:
- Lead sponsor calling efforts on behalf of JFIN's Direct Lending team and in partnership with FSG officers
- Prepare marketing and new business development presentations highlighting the DirectLending team's capabilities
- Support FSG and Jefferies Investment Banking with Direct Lending staple financing proposals in M&A pitches / bake-off meetings
- Identify and help generate investment banking ideas from the direct lending portfolio by tracking company performance and marketplace trends
- Maintain and implement proprietary databases used to track sponsor portfolio companies, investment opportunities and fundraising progressfor Jefferies' core financial sponsorclients
- Assist the Direct LendingTeam in the structuring and diligence of new investment opportunities and monitoring of the invested portfolio
- Participate in ad-hoc discussions of all directlending investment opportunities
- Monitor, train and mentor juniorteam members
- Undergraduate degreefrom a leading institution; concentration in Finance, Accounting, or Economics preferred.
o MBA or CFA a plus
- 5-10 years of sponsored direct lending origination and investment experience
- Formal credittraining a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team of investment professionals and investment bankers
- Available for travel (approximately 1x-2x per month)
- Live in or within commuting distance of New York City