Title: Research Analyst, Fixed Income
Summary: The Research Analyst is a member of the Public Markets Manager Research Team, the group within Meketa that performs due diligence on equity, fixed income, and hedge fund managers. The primary responsibility of the analyst is to research and analyze fixed income investment managers. The individual will work with the firm’s consultants and other investment professionals and provide investment recommendations to the firm’s clients. The position is based in our Carlsbad, CA office.
- Meet with and evaluate the capabilities of fixed income managers
- Identify promising new managers in the relevant asset class
- Draft comprehensive manager meeting notes and prepare manager analyses
- Present manager analyses at team meetings and critique the analyses of others
- Prepare presentation documents and assist with recommendations to clients
- Monitor the performance of managers with existing client investments
- Write client memos on managers as required
- Present manager search documents to clients as required
- Prepare research and updates on the relevant asset class
Desired Experience: The Research Analyst is expected to have general investment knowledge and familiarity with the investment consulting and investment management industries. Candidates should possess 3 to 5 years of relevant investment experience. The candidate should have a strong understanding of equity and fixed income markets and be highly motivated. An individual who is a committed team player, has strong communication skills, is well organized and is willing to learn, and is detail-oriented, are other desirable attributes.
Required Skills, Experience, Knowledge:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in the investment industry
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA and CFA charterholder or candidate preferred
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Superior writing, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Solid computer skills including facility with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
Please send resume with cover letter to: RecruitingRE@meketagroup.com
Meketa Investment Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related disability.