Product Specialist – Edge Asset Management
Edge Asset Management is a specialized equity manager within the Principal Global Investors Asset Management structure. With a unique investment philosophy and dedicated team based in Seattle, Edge manages over $15B in AUM through their differentiated investment process. Edge believes the best companies can do it all – grow revenues, invest in their businesses and pay shareholders. They invested with a long-term approach and typically seek to hold companies for years. Edge’s history goes back to 1939, when it began managing one of the first mutual funds in the industry. Edge enjoys the focus of a boutique firm while leveraging the deep resources of Principal Global Investors.
Edge is seeking a Product Specialist to join our growing team. The position’s responsibilities include representing and positioning Edge Asset Management’s fundamental investment capabilities with internal and external distribution partners including leading all aspects of client communications and supporting materials for Edge strategies.
This will include:
- Coordinate with sales, marketing, client service and product management teams to drive growth across Edge’s product line.
- Build new sales ideas/ways to advocate for products.
- Partnering to build marketing collateral and product content, client reporting, thought capital and other materials to represent teams’ capabilities and performance.
- Direct client participation to augment the Portfolio Manager responsibilities as needed and in conjunction with the established distribution and relationship management teams.
- Assist in management of tactical teams responsible for business development and support including Requests for Proposals, presentations, portfolio reporting and analytics, etc.
- Participate in investment strategy meetings with portfolio managers, assist with client servicing and product development activities, and help drive new business initiatives.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the areas of technical functions, research of issues, problem solving, formulating recommendations, independent decision-making and effective communication.
What we are looking for in a candidate?
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, business, economics or marketing
- Five plus years of experience preferably in the investment management, with direct product management, investment or sales experience
- CFA designation (or progress towards) strongly preferred
- Broad investment management and financial market knowledge, ideally with expertise in equity products
- An understanding of the institutional and retail marketplace: understanding client needs, market trends and the competitive landscape
- Ability to collaborate with multiple partners in a fast-past environment, while multi-tasking, adhering to tight deadlines
- Must be an excellent communicator and presenter, both orally and written, with vision to create and maintain a compelling story for the firm and individual products
- A desire to interact directly with both internal and external clients and to influence their product knowledge and support our sales efforts
- Detail oriented, organized and works with a sense of urgency
- Proficient analytical and technical ability in Excel, PowerPoint, FactSet and Bloomberg
- Some travel is required for the role
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.