AVP Risk Rating Processes
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18072280
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Credit and Operational Risk Analytics (CORA) group within Citi is looking to add an AVP (C12) Risk Rating Processes. This individual contributor AVP position is on the Credit and Obligor Risk Analytics team responsible for approvals of Risk Rating Processes for Classifiably Managed Portfolios, which account for over $900 billion in exposure. This highly visible role requires strong knowledge of corporate finance, credit risk and outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Approval of Risk Rating Processes submitted by classifiable managed (wholesale) businesses across Citi. This position requires strong ability to summarize approval in formal memos and anticipate and implement changes to the contents and/or structures of the memos as a function of an evolving regulatory environment and / or risk policy changes.
- Evaluate internal and external practices, including rating agency write-ups, Basel and local regulatory requirements, industry analysis, and internal research, to ensure Citi is using the "best practice" processes that adhere to regulatory requirements.
- Review and approve rating methodologies for low data and/or low default portfolios by following the relevant governing policies and standards.
- Actively participate in other team projects, including Probability of Default and other model development, Basel Parameter Updates (e.g. PD, LGD, EAD), as well as Basel and policy issues.
- Interact with Sr. Risk Managers (e.g. scorecard sponsors and owners) across sectors for the processes and classifiable managed portfolios.
- Prepare analyses and narratives related to ad-hoc special projects from Senior Risk Management.
Masters or PhD in a quantitative or qualitative discipline.
• One or more years experience in Credit Risk Analytics or Credit Risk
Management a plus.
• CFA or FRM a plus.
• Strong knowledge of corporate finance and accounting.
• Strong understanding of public agency ratings and process.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Proficiency in SAS programming
• Ability to work well with Risk, model developers and Portfolio Managers critical.
• Experience as a credit analyst and in writing Credit Approval Memos (CAs) a plus.
• Rating Agency experience a plus.
• Background in Credit Risk Modeling a plus.