Investment Counselor - NY Metro
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Private Client Product Mgmt
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19027888
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
Citi Private Bank's objective is to further enhance its ability to build relationships with, and service the investment needs of ultra-high net worth clients in the US.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND CANDIDATE PROFILE:
Investment counselors joining Citi Private Bank will be distinguished and highly accomplished at establishing, growing and managing investment relationships with ultra-high net worth clients. They should be experienced in the implementation and oversight of investment solutions, and in providing advice and guidance on markets and actionable investment ideas. Appropriate candidates will possess the credibility to cultivate trusting relationships with existing ultra-high net worth clients of Citi Private Bank, and should be entrepreneurial and capable of bringing in new clients/investment relationships. Candidates for the position should be collaborative and team oriented, able to leverage a wide array of internal partners.
• Leverage existing client relationships, local network and investment experience to introduce new ultra-high net worth clients to Citi Private Bank.
• Build and manage a successful practice centered on deepening relationships by providing potential and existing clients with appropriate investment advice and solutions.
• Combine in depth knowledge of traditional and alternative investments with wealth planning and private banking services to optimize client service and cross-marketing opportunities.
• Work across currencies, asset classes, markets and jurisdictions
• Engage and advise clients on brokerage activity and execute trades seamlessly.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Ideally, 15 or more years of relevant experience.
• Ideally, Series 7 and 63 certification or equivalent.
• CFA, MBA degree or other advanced degree a plus.
• Mandarin fluency a plus.