Lex Capital Management Inc. (“Lex”) is a 100% employee owned private equity firm that invests in high growth, resource opportunities in the western Canadian energy sector. Lex manages a number of private equity funds, however, since 2010, the firm has focused on private, early stage oil companies operating in western Canada. The firm recently raised capital for its fifth fund, capitalized with over $155 million of commitments from institutional investors, family offices and high net worth individuals located across Canada and the US. Although currently focused on the energy sector, we will also be looking at additional private equity opportunities outside of the sector as the firm continues to grow.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Director, Investments. The successful candidate will be part of the Investment Team, with a focus on due diligence and underwriting of investment opportunities as well as the ongoing analysis, monitoring and reporting of existing portfolio companies. The candidate may also have the opportunity to serve as a director on the board of various portfolio companies. This position is based in Regina, Saskatchewan.
- Create detailed financial models to assist in evaluating investment opportunities as well as assessing ongoing performance of portfolio companies;
- Analyze and conduct due diligence on potential investment opportunities;
- Involvement in the negotiation of term sheets, corporate structuring and definitive/legal documentation;
- Present and support recommendations to the Investment and Advisory Committees;
- Conduct macro research and market intelligence on the industry and area trends; and,
- Actively participate throughout the investment cycle, from deal origination right through to exit/liquidation.
- Minimum of five years of experience performing financial analysis and portfolio management;
- CFA Charterholder strongly preferred;
- Preference will be given to those with experience in private equity, investment banking and/or buy side portfolio management;
- Prior and direct experience in the energy industry would be an asset;
- Technical background (engineer or geologist) a plus but not a requirement;
- Highly attentive to details;
- Exceptional writing and strong time-management skills;
- Very proficient in MS Excel and Powerpoint and able to create complex financial models in a timely manner;
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial driven individual that is not just interested in being an employee;
- Good interpersonal skills and able to build strong working relationships with management teams, investment committee member and advisors; and,
- Keen ability to understand market dynamics and present solutions to complex issues.
Dependent on experience, but will include a combination of salary, bonus, options and potential equity ownership.
We wish to thank all applicants but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
If you are interested in working in a fast-paced and high performance environment and have an interest in joining a growing private equity firm, please forward your resume to email@example.com.
Closing date for the submission of applicants is September 10, 2019.