Senior Investment Operations Analyst, Funds and Liquidity
Making a Difference
SWIB is a trusted and skilled global investment organization managing the assets of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) and other separately managed funds. With more than $110 billion in total assets under management, SWIB is one of the world’s largest institutional investors. Sophisticated investment management strategies, forward-looking technologies, and strong internal asset management make SWIB a leading investment organization.
For public employees in Wisconsin, SWIB is a unique and valuable partner. Investing for the financial security of more than 632,000 individuals – and for the 1,500 Wisconsin employers who contribute on behalf of their employees – SWIB’s strong management of the WRS has helped fuel one of only a few fully funded public pension funds in the country. SWIB’s long-term investment returns meet the challenges of a constantly evolving investment landscape while helping grow and protect the assets of the WRS, the 8th largest public pension fund in the U.S. and 25 largest public or private pension fund in the world.
We are a mission driven organization and the participants we serve are our mission. By bringing a disciplined, prudent and innovative approach to market opportunities, SWIB has been successful in generating respectable returns and maintaining the trust of the beneficiaries and stakeholders of the funds we oversee.
Join HIGHER PERFORMERS
Home to Top Talent
SWIB has long been recognized as an investment leader because of its success in maintaining the WRS and for the highly-qualified staff overseeing the retirement trust funds. SWIB’s internal team invests a majority of its assets under management. This means SWIB is committed to investing in professionals that will keep the organization at the forefront of the investment industry. As an innovative organization, SWIB offers professional development opportunities that enable staff to grow and develop. Approximately 50 percent of SWIB’s investment professionals are Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholders.
About the Team
The Funds and Liquidity team is responsible for providing analytical and operational support and oversight of SWIB’s investments. The primary function of the Funds and Liquidity team is to support SWIB’s asset allocation, re-balancing, leverage, liquidity, and treasury activities.
- Support liquidity management activities for multiple cash vehicles and portfolios, including the analysis, planning, and execution of cash activity.
- Support the execution of all transition, rebalancing, and overlay activity.
- Assist in the oversight and expansion of securities finance activities.
- Support investment accounting processes and oversight.
- Support the enhancement of liquidity forecasting and risk management.
- Assist in the production and validation of daily and monthly valuation reporting.
- Assist in the management and oversight of third-party service providers.
- Develop and enhance internal control and risk management functionality.
- Serve as operational support for organizational strategic initiatives and projects.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, economics, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5+ years of experience in finance, accounting or related industry.
- Knowledge of public market and multi-asset language and products.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence.
- Competitive McLagan-base salary
- Meaningful performance-based incentive compensation
- A comprehensive benefit package
- Educational and training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Challenging work in a professional environment
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to the Madison, Wisconsin area. SWIB is prepared to offer relocation assistance as needed.