Principal Listed Infrastructure – Global Equity Analyst
At Principal®, every role supports a greater purpose— to help people live their best lives. And after more than 130 years, we’ve never had a more vibrant and dynamic global team united in our purpose. Through community involvement, innovative financial solutions and dedication to career development, we make a difference in millions of lives every day, including our employees’.
Principal is looking to hire a Global Equity Analyst to support its Listed Infrastructure (public equity) investment strategy. The Listed Infrastructure team will sit alongside Principal’s award-winning real estate securities team as the firm seeks to broaden its real asset capabilities.
The primary role will be to perform in depth, bottom-up fundamental research on an assigned coverage universe and to make investment recommendations to the portfolio management team in a clear and convincing manner. The analyst will be responsible for the initial development of company valuation models and will have the opportunity to contribute to other facets of the team’s investment process as needed.
Preference will be given to candidates with a track record of adding value to an investment process through fundamental research and security selection, ideally within the global listed infrastructure universe. Given the nature of the role, successful candidates will also exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit and have a history of working collaboratively within an investment team environment.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA and/or CFA strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of public equity experience on either the buy-side or sell-side, with a strong preference for prior experience with utilities and/or transportation infrastructure in Europe, Asia and/or Latin America. Candidates with experience investing in other relevant sectors and regions will also be considered, though a strong interest in infrastructure is a must.
- Fluency/knowledge of foreign language(s) preferred.
- Prior emerging markets exposure a plus.
Additional qualifications needed:
- Possess a clear passion for investing.
- Exceptional financial statement analysis and accounting knowledge as well as demonstrated understanding of economics and investment theories.
- Advanced financial modeling experience and Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Strong business acumen, analytical spirit, and superior judgment.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently and with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Travel as needed and required.
This position may be subject to SEC restrictions on personal political contributions.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.