Position Title: Research Analyst
Employer Name: LoCorr Funds
Location: Excelsior, MN
ABOUT LOCORR FUNDS
LoCorr Funds was founded on the belief that non-traditional investments with low correlation to investments like stocks and bonds can reduce risk and increase portfolio returns. Our investment solutions are designed for investment professionals and individual investors who are seeking to achieve better diversification and the potential for reduced risk within their portfolios. Our conviction in telling the low-correlating investment story is a strong driving force for our firm. Even our name, LoCorr, spotlights our focus and belief in the necessity of these strategies for a healthy portfolio.
LoCorr offers a growing family of mutual funds to a wide network of investment firms. We continually seek innovative strategies for a broad range of investors to help them navigate the increasingly complex investment environment.
RESEARCH ANALYST JOB DESCRIPTION
The position represents a tremendous opportunity to get involved in the liquid alternatives industry. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical, an effective communicator, and able to thrive in a team-based environment while demonstrating a high level of initiative.
- Support senior analyst and portfolio managers in the fund/investment manager due diligence and oversight process
- Respond to inquiries from the firm’s external and internal wholesalers
- Compile data to assist marketing in the production and updating of marketing material
- Maintain proprietary databases and analytical tools / assist in the development of additional analytics
- Exceptional qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Undergraduate degree and 1 – 5 years of investment experience
- Strong/demonstrated interest in the investment management industry
- Desire to pursue CFA designation
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications including Excel – knowledge of VBA preferred
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously