Corporate Accountant (Fast Growing Startup)
Figure Technologies creates innovative consumer financial solutions for home improvement, debt consolidation, and retirement while providing financial literacy and financial empowerment. Our mission is to build and promote innovative financial products on blockchain that benefit consumers and eliminate rent-seeking, illiquidity, and other inefficiencies present in current financial markets.
At Figure, we build really big things. And to build big, we need a company in which everyone is supported in doing their absolute best work. That is what culture means to us. We are a team of incredibly smart people who love architecting and building things from scratch. We know we are working with the absolute best and are challenged by our colleagues every day. We are the kind of people who wake up curious each morning and go to bed each night wanting to accomplish more.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a startup focused on solving real problems with blockchain and to work with a team of proven leaders who have created billions of dollars in value in the Fintech space. Join us!
About the Role
Figure is looking for a highly motivated Accountant with an eye for accuracy and determined to make an impact. In this role, you will own monthly accounting functions as well as help define processes as we build and scale quickly. This is a great opportunity to work at a rapidly growing start up alongside some of the brightest minds and experienced leaders in the Fintech and blockchain.
What you'll do:
- Execute accurate and timely reporting during the month-end close process including journal entries, accruals, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Lead daily financial operations, including AR, AP, cash management, and general accounting
- Prepare month end balance sheet and income statement review with variance analysis
- Prepare financial statements, analysis, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes
- Create and implement accounting policies and procedures and update as needed to be in compliance with GAAP and enhance internal controls
- Partner with People Operations to assist with Payroll
- Ad hoc projects as we scale
What we look for:
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance or related field
- 1+ years relevant work experience in an accounting function; tech startup experience and/or public audit preferred
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP; strong accounting research and principle application abilities
- Excellent attention to detail and writing skills writing internal and external accounting documentation and management recommendations
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently with minimal daily direction and tight deadlines
- A flexible approach and ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Experience with SAGE, Zenefits, bill.com, Carta, and Expensify a plus
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Firm-wide performance based bonus
- Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
- A flexible paid time off and vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
- Company FSA, 401k, commuter benefits
- And much more to come!
More searches like this
- Accounting/Audit/Tax Securities Exchange Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Securities Exchange Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Economics Securities Exchange Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Management Consulting Securities Exchange Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Other Securities Exchange Full Time jobs in Bachelors