Corporate Credit Analyst
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for analyzing financial information, drawing investment conclusions, making recommendations and consistently monitoring the creditworthiness of capital market borrowers (primarily issuers of corporate bonds). The analyst also serves as a resource to the staff and helps mentor junior members of the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gathers and analyzes company financial statements; industry, regulatory and economic information; new government legislation; and financial periodicals and newspapers.
- Interprets data concerning price, yield, stability, and future trends of investments.
- Summarizes data describing current and long-term trends in investment risks and economic influences pertinent to investments.
- Prepares reports, including charts and graphs, to illustrate trends, future payoffs, and possible risks of various investment opportunities.
- Continually monitors portfolio investments for events that may affect credit quality, result in ratings changes, and/or cause price changes.
- Develops recommendations and presents credit opinions to research group and portfolio manager, with minimal oversight.
- Performs analysis on complex situations, including recovery analysis on distressed investments.
- Develops industry relationships with analysts at the credit rating agencies, brokerages, and third-party research providers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Direct Reports: None
General Description of Indirect Reports (2 and 3-downs): None
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Investment Management, Business, Accounting, Finance or related field. One or more years of experience is a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
CFA designation or working towards attaining the designation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- New investment opportunities often come with a short time frame. Position requires the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and ability to have multiple projects in progress at the same time and the ability to switch back and forth between tasks.
- Requires maintenance of relationships with outside sales professionals, ability to interact with various management teams, interaction with peers from outside the organization and interaction with coworkers including accounting staff and senior management.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Mathematical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
- Position requires substantial mental demands and nearly continuous study and analysis of finance-related information.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficient in the use of MicroSoft Office Suite.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical/operational procedures.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
This description covers the major purpose and essential functions of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each task is to be performed. Employees may receive other job related instructions and be required to perform other job related work requested by their manager. All requirements are subject to possible modification to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.