Financial Analyst (Large Cap REIT)
Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, is an S&P 500 company dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. The company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 5,700 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, the company has declared 584 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 50-year operating history and increased the dividend 100 times since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on meritocracy and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
We are looking to hire a Financial Analyst.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for working with the Finance Manager to prepare the annual budget and quarterly forecasts, monthly property-level revenue forecasts, budget-to-actual analyses, and debt compliance documents and ensure compliance with SEC and SOX regulations. The Financial Analyst will also be involved in daily cash management.
The primary duties of the Financial Analyst include:
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Monitoring and internal reporting of budget to actual variances and trend analysis
- Coordination of property-level expense budgeting and capital expenditures
- Preparation of lease-level revenue forecast and reconciliation
- Preparation of dispositions cash flow forecast and reconciliation
- Involvement in the preparation of debt tables and reports for quarterly financial statements
- Preparation of note and credit facility covenants
- Complete quarterly surveys for government agencies
Research and Other
- Research accounting and reporting impact of various capital market offerings
- Involvement in the streamlining of internal processes to gain efficiencies and maintain sound internal controls
- Special projects, as needed, including formally documenting the conclusions of management, with the review and approval of the Controller, other members of Accounting Management, and/or the CFO
- Assist with processing wire transfers
- Working with Finance Management daily to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Frequently assisting Accounting Management with the preparation or review of public filings
- Frequently working with department heads to generate budgets and determine monthly variances
- Frequently working with the Finance Manager on debt management projects
- Frequently work with Asset Management to incorporate bankruptcy and release projections into monthly cash flow forecasts
Education, Certifications, and Experience:
- BS in Accounting/Finance/Economics.
- 2+ years previous experience in industry or public accounting, preferably with REIT or real estate industry experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to execute in ambiguous situations and take the lead without explicit instructions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet public company reporting deadlines.
- Strong financial acumen; familiar with all the company’s key financial statements. Must have a clear and thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP, SEC, and SOX regulations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation abilities, including the ability to communicate complex ideas to large groups and senior levels of management.
- Experience with Yardi software preferred.
- Good PC skills including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent PC skills in Excel (including but not limited to VLOOKUPs, complex/compound equations, logical equations, macros, pivot tables and the ability to understand/build/edit complex financial models).
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing requirements and creatively solve problems effectively and efficiently with a high degree of accuracy.
More searches like this
- Accounting/Audit/Tax Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Credit Analysis Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors