Audit Manager - Markets - EMEA
- Primary Location: Poland,Mazowieckie,Warsaw
- Education: Master's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19033273
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1080 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role directs the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
This Vice President candidate will be a key member of a global team responsible for providing assurance over Municipals, Securitized Products and Credit Trading, collectively known as the Global Spread Products (GSP) Sales and Trading business. The VP will provide assurance coverage for the EMEA region, with some limited support in other regions.
Global Spread Products business participates in the secondary market as well as offers securitizations and financing solutions. The product offering mainly includes cash, derivatives and loans.
This individual will report to the Audit Director for GSP, who is based in New York.
- Developing and executing the audit plan for EMEA, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
- Liaising with key stakeholders and attending key forums and working alongside the global GSP team to ensure overall audit strategy is executed efficiently and effectively.
- Delivering on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate, branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting).
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
- Proactively advancing integrated auditing concepts and use of technology.
- Managing a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit, including a small to medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals.
- Developing effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
- Applying an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Influencing a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners.
- Participating in major business initiatives and pro-actively advising and assisting the business on change initiatives.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an audit role - a must.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding control disciplines.
- Experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- A chance to develop in an international environment in one of the greatest financial institutions worldwide in an independent senior managerial role with regional responsibility.
- Cooperation with a high quality team in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies.
- Excellent working environment.
- Attractive Social Benefits System (pension plan, medical care, life insurance, digital learning platforms etc.).